This potato arugula salad uses fresh ingredients and is easy to prepare. It makes a healthy meal or is the perfect compliment for just about any dinner recipe.
An Easy Summer Salad
I just love summertime! It’s a great time to break out the fresh vegetables and whip up a delicious salad. Living in Arizona, I welcome any opportunity to not use my oven.
This potato and arugula salad was so easy to throw together! In the time it takes to roast the potatoes, you can prepare the homemade dressing and veggies that you’ll need. The dressing has a vinaigrette base, instead of a mayo one, so you can mix in the potatoes while they’re still warm…even better!
How To Make A Potato Arugula Salad
Before Starting – Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. You’ll also want to line the baking sheet with foil or a baking mat. And don’t forget to wash your potatoes nice and good.
Prep Potatoes – Start by mixing 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of the dry rub mix and salt and pepper (to taste) in a big enough mixing bowl. Then add the potatoes into the bowl and toss everything until the potatoes are coated in the mix.
Cook – Pour the potatoes onto your prepared sheet pan and bake them until they are fork tender. This will take about 20 minutes but can vary a little depending on how many potatoes you’re baking.
Dressing – While the potatoes are cooking, it’s time to whip up the dressing. Place the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the dry rub mix, and vinegar into a small bowl. Whisk the ingredients to combine them and then season them with salt and pepper.
Serving – Once the potatoes are cooked it’s time to compile the arugula salad and serve it. Place the arugula, red onions, tomatoes and potatoes in a serving dish. Toss gently to combine, then drizzle over the dressing.
The Best Potatoes – I used baby gold potatoes but you can also use regular sized ones and just cut them into 1 inch cubes.
Dressing Consistency – Depending on your taste, you might want to use a little water to thin out the dressing. Add a little at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
More Delicious Salad Recipes
- Fresh Garden Salad With Italian Dressing
- The Most Amazing Pasta Salad Recipe
- Cranberry & Almond Spinach Salad
- Loaded Classic Cobb Salad Recipe
- The Best Homemade Potato Salad
This is potato and arugula salad is the perfect side dish to all those grilled favorites that are bound to be on your menu soon! Leave us a comment below and let us know what you think.
Potato Arugula Salad Recipe
- 1 lb. Baby Gold Potatoes, halved (May used regular sized potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 3 Tablespoons Sweet Honey flavor KC Masterpiece® Sauce and Dry Rub mix, divided
- 4 cups Baby Arugula
- 2 teaspoons Balsamic , or Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 Tablespoons dry rub mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour onto your prepared sheet pan and bake until potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, place remaining 2 Tablespoons olive oil, 1 Tablespoon dry rub mix, and vinegar.
- Whisk to combine, and season with salt and pepper. You might want to use a little water to thin the mixture to your desired consistency.
- Once potatoes are cooked, place arugula, red onions, tomatoes and potatoes in a serving dish. Toss gently to combine, then drizzle over the dressing.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece® . The opinions and text are all mine.