This lightly sweetened pumpkin pie baked oatmeal is the perfect healthy breakfast to start the day! It’s easy to make, and tastes great too!
Who else is excited that it’s finally time for all things pumpkin? There really is nothing better than fall food! This baked pumpkin pie oatmeal is the perfect hearty breakfast for a chilly fall morning. It has all the delicious taste of pumpkin pie, but in a healthy, easy to make ahead breakfast. My kids, who are not normally big fans of oatmeal, absolutely love this baked oatmeal! It’s a simple and quick breakfast for those busy mornings before school, and I love sending them off knowing that they have something healthy and filling in those little tummies.
How To Make Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, milk, oil, egg, and vanilla. Add the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt, then mix to combine.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the prepared baking dish, then sprinkle with the chopped pecans. Bake 25 minutes. Serve warm with milk and a splash of maple syrup, if desired.
My favorite way to serve this oatmeal is warm, with a little milk poured over the top and a splash of maple syrup. If your sweet tooth is not quite as extreme as mine, you can definitely leave out the maple syrup, but I think it adds a delicious touch!
For more tasty oatmeal recipes, be sure to check out some of our favorites below: