This DIY stenciled monogram is an easy craft that is perfect for all ages to create!
It’s time to plan a crafternoon with the girls! Monogram projects are quite popular right now, and today’s tutorial is one of our very favorites! This easy stenciled monogram is a fun project that uses very little supplies. The best part is, it costs just a couple dollars to create and you probably have most of the materials on-hand already! These stenciled wood monograms make a fun gift too – birthdays, weddings, teacher appreciation etc. I just love the fun pop of color it adds to any space – such an affordable piece of decor that brightens up the room. Here is the simple tutorial:
- paint brush
- wood monogram
- Paint a solid color all over your monogram and let it dry completely. (My monogram was white, so I skipped this step.
- Once dry, secure your stencil to the wood monogram with some tape.
- Paint over the monogram with a different color and let it dry.
- Once dry, remove the stencil and touch up as needed.
- As a finishing touch, add some ribbon.
…and that is it!
Such an easy craft that is colorful and fun!
I currently have this monogram sitting in my entry way, but I tried it in my kitchen and it looks darling there too! So many options!
Do you have any stencil projects or monogram projects you love?
Leave me a link in the comments below – I’d love to see them!
Here are some monogram projects I think you might enjoy –
Have fun creating everyone!
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in August 2011. It was updated in July 2016.