You can’t go wrong with an edible tie for Dad! Here is how to make EASY Father’s Day Tie Cookies that taste great and look darling.
Father’s Day Cookies
I’ll admit, I am NOT good at decorating cookies. I don’t have the patience to use royal icing, and I don’t have all the fancy supplies and special ingredients to make them look amazing.
BUT THESE COOKIES DON’T NEED ANY OF THAT!
If you can make sugar cookies, mix up some marshmallow fondant, and if you can color with markers, you can make these… I promise!
These cookies don’t require any airbrush machines, stencils, or baking skills, for that matter.
Here’s how to make the easiest decorated cookie for Father’s Day –
How to Make Tie Cookies
- sugar cookies – I used my favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe and cut the sugar cookie dough out with THIS tie cookie cutter*
- marshmallow fondant – I don’t love regular fondant, but this Marshmallow Fondant is easy to make and it tastes so good!
- frosting – you can make your own in whatever flavor you’d like. For these cookies, I used store-bought vanilla frosting. You only need a small amount.
- edible markers in your favorite colors
- The Father’s Day cookie cutters I have come in a set with a couple of other shapes so you can make mustache or bow tie cookies that are perfect for a boy baby shower. (We’ve made bow tie brownies before that were darling!)
- If you don’t want to buy a tie cookie-cutter, print out a template from your computer, lay that on your dough and fondant and use a sharp knife to cut out around it.
Roll out your fondant onto a surface sprinkled with flour and cut out ties with your cookie cutter.
Decorate each piece of fondant with edible markers. We did an easy argyle print, but polka dots, straight lines, doodles, and dad’s nicknames are always cute! Let the kids have fun with this!
My kids were pretty proud of their work!
Place your fondant ties on a baking sheet lined with wax paper to dry for a minute or two so the markers won’t smear.
Add a small layer of frosting to the top of your sugar cookie, then stick the decorated fondant tie on top of the frosting.
And your Father’s Day cookies are ready to go!!!
HERE’S A PRINTABLE TUTORIAL CARD SO YOU CAN SAVE THIS IDEA FOR LATER –
- sugar cookies
- tie cookie cutter
- marshmallow fondant
- edible markers
- Roll out your fondant onto a floured surface and cut out tie shapes with your cookie cutter.
- Decorate each piece of fondant with edible markers. Let the kids have fun with this!
- Add a small layer of frosting to the top of your sugar cookie, then stick the decorated fondant tie on top of the frosting.