Here’s what I used:
• 6″ styrofoam ball
• black garbage bag
• white spray paint
1. Wrap a black garbage sack around your styrofoam ball, twist the bag tight and tie it off with a twisty tie. Cut off the extra plastic from bag. This will keep the white from peeking through and help the pine cones adhere better.
2. Drench the tied end in hot glue to keep it from coming undone.
3. Grab the middle of the pine cone, and twist the bottom to create a “smaller” pine cone. Get rid of the bottom, you’ll only use the top. Make sure all your tops are about the same size to get a symmetrical ball.
4. Hot glue your pine cones onto the covered ball, starting at the top and working your way down until the whole ball is covered.
5. Lightly spray paint with white or silver spray paint, I used white.