It’s the perfect time of year to stop and take a minute to count your many blessings. We gathered some friends together for a gratitude blog hop because we wanted to let our families know just how much we love and appreciate them. Check out my project- a Thankful Thanksgiving Tablecloth- and then visit my friends to see what they created with the “Gratitude” theme. There are recipes, printables and family traditions included in this blog hop.
My Thankful Thanksgiving Tablecloth was inspired by my SIL Becca’s tablecloth she posted about last year- see her tutorial HERE. I put a little spin on Becca’s idea- instead of me writing all the things we are grateful for, I decided to let the whole family get in on the fun!
Here is how we made it:
1. Head on over to Lowes and pick up a canvas drop cloth, like this one:
This cost around $10 and I might go back and get a couple more to use year-round- I love how they look! They are simple and they have completely finished edges- no heming required!
You can trim it with some pinking shears if it is too long. Right now it hangs a bit longer than I’d like, but I will deal with it because in the future I’ll probably have it on a table that seats 8 so I will need the length.
While at Lowes, I also found these darling lanterns on clearance for only $4! I bought 3, added a couple pumpkins to the inside and topped them with some fall flowers from the dollar store!
Next to these lanterns, I put a small tin of permanent markers on the table for the kids to write all the things they are thankful for when we sit down to eat dinner. They can write the words, or draw a picture!
I hope to add to our lists as the years go on until it looks nearly impossible to find a blank area on the canvas! It could end up being a treasured family heirloom!
- Apple Praline Bread by Amy from Positively Splendid
- Family Memory Banner by Melissa from Polka Dot Chair
- Printable Gratitude Quotes by Mique from Thirty Handmade Days
- Give Thanks Printable by Eighteen25
- Thankful Printable & Snickerdoodles by Kristyn from Lil Luna
- Thankful Tablecloth by Steph from Somewhat Simple
- Candy Cane Pancakes by Amy from the Idea Room
- I Am Thankful For.. Printable by Becky from Organizing Made Fun
- The Best Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies by Kelli from Lolly Jane
- Love printables by Desiree from the 36th Avenue
- Happy Day Family Tradition by Leigh Anne from Your Homebased Mom
- Thanksgiving Activity Book by Kari from U Create
- Chicken Curry Broccoli by Kristen from Capturing Joy
- Printable Thank You Notes by Cindy from Skip to My Lou
A big, huge thank you to our families for their support and love. They are our guinea pigs, models, help us when we have last minute deadlines, don’t blink when we wear yoga pants for two days in a row and stick through the good, the bad and the ugly. We are so grateful for you.
Look at all these pretty faces! So much love in this collage:
Kelli from Lolly Jane // Mique from Thirty Handmade Days // Leigh Anne from Your Homebased Mom // Steph from Somewhat Simple
Melissa from Polka Dot Chair // Kristen from Capturing Joy // Becky from Organizing Made Fun // Amy from the Idea Room
Kristyn from Lil Luna // Desiree from the 36th Avenue
We thought you might have fun getting to know a little bit more about our families too. So we asked them some questions. Here’s what they had to say:
For the kids: