Add this Gratitude Garland to your list of Thanksgiving crafts this year! So simple and perfect for kids of all ages, plus a beautiful way to display all the things you’re grateful for!
Printable Thanksgiving Craft
This past month has been a roller coaster of emotions for our family full of sorrow, joy, heartache, hope and everything in between. It’s also put Life into perspective, making me think: What is really important in my life? This simple question is what inspired me to come up with this darling Gratitude Garland.
This is a fantastic Thanksgiving project for the whole family, and VERY simple to create. All you need are a few supplies and you’re ready to get started!
What You’ll Need
- Gratitude Garland Printables (download below)
- Colorful twine or string
- Fall colored washi tape or glue
How To Make A Gratitude Garland
- Print – First, print off and cut out as many of our gratitude flags as you want.
- Be Thankful – Start writing down all the things you, your family, classroom, friends, etc. are thankful for.
- Prep – Fold the flags in half.
- Connect – Place the string or twine down the middle, and glue or tape together.
- Display – Hang and enjoy!
It doesn’t get much simpler than that! With a few objects and a little bit of time, you’ve got a super cute and meaningful craft! This Thanksgiving garland is perfect for all ages. My kids didn’t want to stop coming up with ‘blessings’ to write down. This would also be a fun craft for classrooms, youth groups, dorm rooms, etc. – even cub scouts would love making one of these!
More Thanksgiving Printables
- Count Your Blessing Tree Printable
- Thanksgiving Candy Bar Wrappers
- Roll A Turkey Dice Game
- Thanksgiving Pictionary Game Printables
- Free Thanksgiving Quote Printable
Gratitude Garland Printable
Are you ready to make your own? Here’s the link to download your file. Leave us a comment below and let us know what you’re grateful for! Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!
Gratitude Garland Thanksgiving Craft
- String or twine
- Glue or tape
- Print off and cut out as many gratitude flags as you need
- Write down things you, your family, classroom, friends, etc. are grateful for
- Fold each of the flags in half
- Place the string down the middle tape it together
- Hang your garland and enjoy it all season long
This idea originally published in November 2012,
but was updated in 2017 with new printables and images.