Christmas doesn’t have to be all about the kids! Strengthen your relationship by setting aside some Christmas Eve traditions just for the two of you! These Christmas Eve traditions will help make this season even more special.
Christmas Eve Traditions For Couples
Kids aren’t the only ones who should be making Christmas memories! It’s just as important to make memories with your spouse and turn the holidays into something special just for the two of you. In addition to our special Christmas stocking tradition, my husband and I came up with a fun list of Christmas traditions for couples that both of us find thoughtful, meaningful and FUN!
Things To Do On Christmas Eve
- Ornament Exchange: Before you go to bed on on Christmas Eve, you give each other an ornament that represents a favorite memory you made together from that year. It could represent a vacation, something funny, or something meaningful. You could buy your ornaments, (how fun would it be to find an obscure ornament that fits a favorite memory?) or you can make them. After several years of doing this, you will have a tree full of memories that will be fun to pull out and laugh at each year! This can be a tradition just for the two of you, or you can make it a family tradition. (I know a family that does this and it is so much fun!)
- Hand-Written Letters: Enjoy a festive treat just for the two of you (hot cocoa, sparkling cider, eggnog, etc.) and exchange letters expressing your favorite memory from that year. If you want to get creative, you can give each year a theme (funniest memory, most meaningful, funniest parenting moment, most admirable moment, etc). Put your letters in our fun Couple’s Year in Review printables.
- Movie in Bed. This is the last official night for Christmas movies, so enjoy one together just the two of you Don’t have a TV in your room? Snuggle together with your phone, iPad or laptop. Have a special toast for the new year.
- Kitchen Festivities. Some couples really enjoy baking together (not me). I know of several friends that have special traditions that involve making some type of food the night before Christmas. One of my friends makes doughnuts with her husband every Christmas Eve. Another couple I know gets in their Christmas pajamas and eats Chinese food together. Find a food that would be fitting for the two of you, and enjoy it (or make it) together every year as a tradition.
- Predictions. This is similar to the first two traditions, but rather than reflecting on the previous year, you make predictions for the year to come. Write down where you see yourselves exactly one year from now, and tuck the predictions away until the next year. This could be funny situations you see your partner getting him or herself into, promotions you can see happening, silly things you can imagine you will fight about, or funny things your children will most likely do. This is a fun one to do with some sparkling cider!
More Fun Christmas Tradition Ideas
- Sexy Gift Idea For Your Husband
- Christmas Traditions For Couples
- Christmas Stocking Tradition For Couples
- White Stocking Christmas Eve Tradition
That’s all I’ve got- do you have any more we can add to the list? Leave us a comment below!