These oven baked sliders are a simple twist on a classic recipe. Making sliders in the oven is a great way to enjoy a delicious hamburger all year round.
Sliders In The Oven
Let me tell you why I love oven baked sliders!
First, it opens up the possibility of having a burger-night year round. Usually the weather has to be warm enough (but not too warm!) for us to want to stand by the grill outside. Not with these! Pop them in the oven and walk away!
Second, they feed a crowd! No flipping burgers while some people eat and some people wait for theirs to cook. Use a baking dish, fill it with meat and serve your family or guests all at the same time.
Third, who doesn’t like a hamburger? This meal is a crowd-pleaser. If you like pickles and tomatoes, use them. If you have an aversion to mustard, skip it! Everyone is happy when they get to build their own!
Here is how to make EASY Oven-Baked Sliders:
Ingredients For Oven Baked Sliders
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- Salt & pepper or steak seasoning
- Your favorite cheese
- Small, slider-sized buns
- Your favorite burger toppings
How Long Do You Bake Sliders In The Oven?
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (205 degree C) and then cook the ground beef for 30 minutes. To melt the cheese quicker, place the cheese on top of the ground beef for the last 30 seconds in the oven.
Items Used To Make Sliders In The Oven
- A McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
- I use McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning to season the meat
- My favorite kitchen knife
Best Toppings For Oven Baked Cheeseburgers
Along with the traditional hamburger toppings, here are a few of my favorite things to put on top of sliders:
- Grilled or fried onions
- Fried egg
- Buffalo sauce
More Oven Baked Sandwich Recipes
How Do You Make Sliders In The Oven
Oven Baked Sliders Recipe
- 2 lbs lean ground beef*
- Salt & pepper or Steak Seasoning
- Cheddar cheese, sliced
- Slider buns
- Burger toppings- lettuce, tomato, pickles, ketchup etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Press ground beef evenly into a 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle the ground beef with salt and pepper or seasoning.
- Bake for 30 minutes and remove from the oven.
- The meat will shrink in from the sides.
- Drain any juice along the edges.
- Immediately top with sliced cheese and cut into squares.
- Serve on buns and add your favorite toppings.