This baked pastrami sandwich recipe is perfect those times when you need a quick and easy dinner idea. Loaded with hot pastrami on a toasted bun and topped with mustard and cheese, this recipe is easy to make unbelievably tasty!
Best Pastrami Sandwich Recipe
I absolutely LOVE baked sandwiches! They are an easy meal that looks gourmet and always tastes delicious! This baked Pastrami Sandwich Recipe is one of our family’s favorites. You can change the meat and cheese to whatever you’d like and still get an AMAZING result. Plus they are good for entertaining- make them ahead of time, stick them in the refrigerator and bake them in the oven when your guests arrive. Give it a try!
What Is Pastrami?
Pastrami is a meat that has gone through the curing process, then highly seasoned and finally smoked. It is typically made from beef but pastrami can be made from other meats like pork and turkey.
Are Pastrami and Corn Beef The Same?
While both pastrami and corn beef both go through an initial curing process they are not exactly the same. Corn beef is typically made from a brisket while pastrami is made from the beef plate. Once the meat has cured, corn beef is usually boiled while pastrami is smoked and then additional seasoning is added.
What Goes On Pastrami?
- Dijon mustard
- Cheese – Typically Swiss but I also like shredded Parmesan or provolone
- Coleslaw – I love it but my kids can do without
- Pickle slices
More Easy Sandwich Recipes
- Open-Faced Oven Baked Sandwiches
- Caprese Sandwich Recipe
- Avocado Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Monte Cristo Sandwich
- Crock Pot Meatball Sandwich
Tools Used To Make Pastrami Sandwiches
How To Make A Pastrami Sandwich
Baked Pastrami Sandwich Recipe
- 24 rolls
- 1 lb Pastrami
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- Slice rolls in half so they open.
- Spread Dijon mustard on top and bottom of the inside of each roll.
- Put Pastrami and Cheese inside of each roll and then place all the rolls inside a 13x9 baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, mustard, Worcestershire Sauce and poppy seeds.
- Brush mixture over the tops of the sandwiches.
- Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until heated through.