In just a few minutes, you can create a beautiful fall tablescape that will set the stage for your festive gathering and grab the attention of your holiday guests.
Here are a few favorite recipes we like to serve our fall dinner guests – Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes, Honey Glazed Carrots, Slow-Cooker Ham, Homemade Breadsticks and Cupcakes in a Jar (a fun way to feed dessert to a crowd!)
‘Tis the season for holiday celebrations and dinner parties! And if you’re already planning (and stressing!) over how to feed and entertain everyone this time of year, let me at least help simplify your dinner plans with an easy tablescape/centerpiece idea that you can have set up in no time at all!
This simple fall tablescape comes together with just a few basic items, but it sure looks pretty, doesn’t it?
Fall Tablescape Supplies
First, you’ll need to decide on a color palette. You can stick with your favorite fall colors, or you can add some fall table decor in muted hues to keep everything pretty neutral. The white, green, and light blue colors I chose looked good on my light-wood table, but the color of your table might look better with orange, yellow, and brown fall decor, so keep that in mind.
FOR A 6-FOOT TABLE, YOU WILL NEED –
- Fabric Table Runner: I opted out of covering the whole table with a tablecloth and just grabbed a runner that was long enough to touch the edges of my table. (The one I used is HERE or HERE.)
- Greenery: I used 3 types of greenery that I had on hand (listed below), but you can buy an all-in-one garland and add some smaller sprigs to give it more dimension, if that’s easier.
- Candles: You will need 12-15 candles in different heights, colors + textures.
- Place Settings: White plates, napkins, silver tableware, glasses, etc. (Dinnerware suggestions linked below.)
Placemats, chargers, place cards with your guests names, linens, napkin rings, and everything else for your table setting are optional. I find with this particular Thanksgiving Tablescape that less is more!
How to Create a Fall Tablescape
This setup couldn’t be easier!
- Lay down your fabric runner in the center of the table, then place your long garland on top so it runs down the length the table.
- Add greenery stems and sprigs on top of the garland to make it fuller and stand up in places.
3. Place the candles around the greenery.
You can even sprinkle some Glittery Acorns or small white pumpkins or gourds if you’re feeling extra fancy!
4. Set your table with coordinating place settings. For this tablescape, I used my white dishes and silverware – I use these for everyday use, as well as for parties and gatherings. If you haven’t invested in a white set yet, now is the time! Here are some affordable sets I love that would look great in this tablescape-
- Modern Farmhouse Dinnerware Set
- Stoneware Dinnerware Set
- Simple White Dinnerware Set (I love the rim on this one!)
- Square Dinnerware Set
- Sleek and Sophisticated (This one might be my favorite!)
- Simple + Affordbale (Classic design, amazing price!)
That’s it! An easy fall tablescape done in just a few minutes!
(What do you think?)