Take a peak inside our family room – one of the most-used spaces in our home!
When we bought this home 18 months ago, one of the things I loved most about it was the open floor plan. I loved the kitchen over-looking the family room, and I loved the tall 20-foot ceilings and big, bright windows. The stair case was obviously a show-stopper, but what I love most is that even with a big open space, it still feels cozy.
Here are a couple “BEFORE” pictures of the space –
(That huge cutout in the wall is such an eye sore, and the furniture just looked out of place.)
Now that we have it furnished and decorated how we like, it is quite possibly my favorite spot in the house! Take a look –
Our Family Room
*All information about products and design will be linked at the end of this post.
I designed the entertainment center and had it built by Chris’ Custom Cabinets. I could not be happier with how it came together – doesn’t it look amazing?!?!
We installed an electric fireplace – which wasn’t my first choice – but getting a gas line to the center of this wall was going to be a major install and cost a ton of money. We purchased a Dimplex fireplace and I’ve been super happy with it.
I was originally envisioning a gray marble around the fireplace, but we went with a classic red brick, and I am so glad we did! It adds such character to this space, and I feel like it won’t look as dated as fast as some of the trendy tiles. (Fingers crossed!)
Do you LOVE my faux Fiddle Leaf Fig???
I felt like the corner of the room needed something tall – something that would bring your eyes UP, since all the big furniture seemed so heavy. I ordered this Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree from CommercialSilk.com and it is PERFECT!!!
If you’ve followed me on social media, you probably know that I can’t seem to keep anything alive that doesn’t cry when it is hungry! This plant looks amazing and it requires little maintenance. The big leaves are easy to dust, and it looks extremely realistic! I absolutely LOVE how it finishes off our space!
CommercialSilk.com has a HUGE variety of plants for the inside of your home and outside too! For more details, please visit their website and connect with them on social media: FB || TW || PIN || G+ || PIN
I’ve discovered a new love for Babies Breath greenery! My grocery store sells it for $4 for the bunch and it lasts FOREVER! Even when it is dead and dry, it looks amazing! One bouquet lasts up to a month!
I was browsing Instagram one day and fell IN LOVE with some styled shelves from Made By Katy Design. I took THIS image shopping with me and found pieces that would duplicate her look in my home, and I love how it looks!
What do you think???
FAMILY ROOM SOURCES:
- Our home was built Taylor Morrison. Read more about our home building process HERE, HERE and HERE.
- Couches are from Costco and we LOVE them! They were less than $1,000 each and are so comfy! Plus, nothing beats Costco’s return policy, should we ever have a problem. (Peace of mind right there!) Our Costco usually gets couches in store during the summer, or you can buy the set (couch, loveseat, chair + ottoman HERE.)
- Blue/Gray Chairs and Ottomans are the Strandmon Chairs from IKEA.
- Paint is “Miners Dust” by Dunn Edwards. You can read more about it in this post on The Best Gray Paint.
- Ceiling Fan is the Groveland from Hunter. Details here on our ceiling fans + tips on choosing a ceiling fan.
- The coffee table is the Langley coffee table from Better Homes and Gardens at Walmart. (Only $129 and we LOVE it!)
- Rug is allen + roth Briarwick Gray Rectangular 8 x 10 from Lowes.
- Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree from CommercialSilk.com
- Blue/Green Cabinet by the window was purchased years ago from Kirkland Home.
- The Heart-Shape Framed Collage is from Minted.
- The Family Proclamation is from Print It Enginneer.
For more spaces in our home, please view our Home Tour.
DON’T MISS A THING!
Sign up for our newsletter to receive our FREE Home Organization Binder Printables + weekly updates filled with creative inspiration and exclusive freebies!