This savory lasagna soup is simple and easy to make, and tastes just like lasagna! It’s the perfect hearty soup for a cold night!
If I had to make a list of my favorite foods, I would definitely put lasagna in the top five. It’s been one of my favorites since I was a child, but I have to confess that I don’t make it very often. It always seems too fussy and difficult to make, and seems to take me all afternoon.
This lasagna soup is the perfect solution! It has all the flavors I love in lasagna, but takes almost no time and effort to pull together. It’s loaded with savory sausage and tender noodles, and topped with a mound of gooey cheese. It’s perfect for those days when you’re craving something hearty and filling for dinner, without going to a lot of effort. Best of all, it’s a favorite with the whole family!
To make things easier, I just used broken up lasagna noodles in the soup instead of a fancy pasta shape, and I love the fun texture they add.
The best part (of course) is the dollop of ricotta and sprinkle of mozzarella on top of the soup. It’s absolutely necessary for the true lasagna experience, and adds so much yummy flavor!
This is definitely one of the most delicious soups I’ve ever made! If you love lasagna like I do, you must give it a try!
More Easy Soup Recipes
If you liked this lasagna soup, you’ll also love one of these other delicious soup recipes:
- Southwest Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chicken Broccoli Tortellini Soup
- Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- Easy Ham & Potato Soup
- The Best Split Pea Soup
- 1 pound ground mild Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 29 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of sugar
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 6 lasagna noodles, broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large pot, brown the sausage over medium heat, breaking it into smaller chunks as it cooks.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook until softened and fragrant. Stir in the tomato paste and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper, sugar, and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then stir in the lasagna noodles. Cook 15-20 minutes, or until the noodles are tender.
- Serve hot topped with a dollop of ricotta cheese and a sprinkle of mozzarella.
Made this for the family and it was a hit!
YES! I’ve been wanting to make lasagna soup for forever and this recipe was worth the wait. So good, thank you!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it so much!
Oh my goodness, this soup was INCREDIBLE! I can’t wait to make it again!
Thanks Katie, you made my week!
Wow, this soup was so good! I just love lasagna and will eat any version of it! Thanks for sharing your amazing recipe.