Marshmallow popcorn is easy to make and so delicious! This simple little treat is salty and sweet, and SO ADDICTING! (Don’t say I didn’t warn you!)
An Easy Popcorn Treat
My family loves popcorn! It doesn’t matter the flavor, or variety, they’ll devour it as soon as it’s ready. But when you throw in a gourmet popcorn recipe, there’s absolutely no stopping them.
This marshmallow popcorn recipe is about to change the way you serve popcorn at your next family movie night! We made this popcorn two nights in a row last week because we could not get enough! It’s not only delicious, it’s also super easy to make and uses ingredients that you can keep on hand. Here’s how to make it –
Ingredients You’ll Need
- POPCORN – You can pop your own, or use store-bought. You’ll need two bags of store-bought, any variety (Lite, extra butter, etc.) or 8 cups of your own popped popcorn. If you pop your own, make sure to salt and butter it!
- MARSHMALLOWS – An entire bag of mini marshmallows is used this this recipe to make it fluffy and sweet!
- CORN SYRUP
- TOPPINGS – Add as many of your favorite candies as you’d like! I like adding a variety of M&Ms for a salty/sweet option, but you could also add pretzels, sprinkles, gummy bears, chocolate chips…. whatever sounds good! Make sure you let your popcorn cool before adding any chocolate as it will melt into a gooey mess!
How to Make Marshmallow Popcorn
Sauce – Start by making a delicious caramel sauce. You’ll add the butter, sugar and corn syrup to a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Add in some vanilla, and stir to combine. Then remove everything from the heat.
Combine – Pour the caramel mixture over a bowl of popped popcorn and marshmallows and stir with a wooden spoon so everything is coated evenly.
Serve – You can eat it right now, straight from the bowl, or even roll it into balls.
Top It – If you want to add toppings, lay the popcorn on a baking sheet to cool. I lined our baking sheet with wax paper sprayed with cooking spray. Once cool, sprinkle on the toppings, then fold the popcorn back into the bowl.
… and thats it! So easy and SO delicious!!!!
More Movie Night Snacks –
Here’s a printable recipe card for your convenience –
Marshmallow Popcorn Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 10 oz bag mini marshmallows, (about 4.5 cups)
- 2 bags microwave popcorn, popped
- toppings – candies, sprinkles, pretzels, etc.
- Add the butter, sugar and corn syrup to a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the vanilla, and stir to combine, then remove from heat.
- Pour the butter mixture over a bowl of popped popcorn and marshmallows and stir with a wooden spoon until everything is coated evenly.
- It’s ready to be eaten straight from the bowl, but if you want to add toppings, lay the popcorn on a baking sheet to cool. (I like to line my baking sheet with wax paper sprayed with cooking spray.) Once the popcorn is cool, sprinkle on the toppings, then fold the popcorn back into the bowl.
- Eat and enjoy!