Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches are soft, creamy, and totally delicious! They are a favorite fall treat that’s super simple to make!
A Delicious Fall Treat
While the rest of the country is welcoming in the fall season with cooler weather and changing scenery, it’s still HOT here in Arizona! Needless to say, the pumpkin spice hot cocoa and pumpkin coffee cake are still on hold for a bit, but that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy the flavors of fall in ice cream form!
These Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches are a perfect seasonal transition food. They’re fresh and cool but taste cozy and delicious. Here is how to make them –
These cookies are inspired by an ice cream sandwich from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. We simplified the pumpkin cookie ingredient list so that these amazing treats are even easier to make!
- Dry Ingredients – flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt
- Wet Ingredients – butter, egg yolk, vanilla extract, pumpkin purée
- Sugars – sugar + brown sugar
- Ice Cream – vanilla ice cream is always a classic, but chocolate, cinnamon, chocolate chip… I don’t think you can go wrong!
Making Pumpkin Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Dry Ingredients – You’ll start this recipe by whisking together flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
Butter Mixture – Next, you’ll need to cream together the butter, half of a cup granulated sugar and the brown sugar in the mixing bowl of an electric mixer using the paddle attachment for about 2 minutes. Then mix in the egg yolk and vanilla at low speed until combined.
Pumpkin – Now you’ll want to mix in the pumpkin purée at low speed. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Combine – Now, add in the dry ingredients and mix until everything has combined.
Roll – Scoop the mixture into 8 balls (about 1/4 cup each) and place them on a large plate lined with parchment paper and let them chill for about an 1 hour.
Baking Prep – Preheat the oven to 325°F. You’ll also want to line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Sugar – Pour remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar into a medium bowl.
Cover – Now, roll the chilled cookie balls into granulated sugar and place them onto the cookie sheets about 2-3 inches apart.
Cook – Bake them for about 20 minutes or until edges are browned and centers begin to set.
Cool – Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely.
Compile – Assemble the ice cream sandwiches by adding 1-2 heaping scoops of ice cream to the flat side of a pumpkin cookie. Place the flat side of another cookie on top and serve or freeze immediately.
Serve – These cookies taste AMAZING, and they are so easy to put together! ENJOY!
Favorite Homemade Ice Cream Ideas
- 10 No-Churn Ice Cream Recipes
- The Best Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Pie
- Ice Cream Party Tips
- Churro Ice Cream Sandwiches
Here’s a printable recipe card for your convenience –
Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiche Recipe
- Whisk together flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and brown sugar in mixing bowl of electric mixer using paddle attachment for 1-2 minutes. Mix in egg yolk and vanilla on low speed until combined.
- Mix in pumpkin purée on low speed, making sure to scrape down sides.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop into 8 balls (1/4 cup each) on a large plate lined with parchment paper and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Pour remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar into medium bowl.
- Roll chilled cookie balls into granulated sugar and place on cookie sheets, 2-3 inches apart, and bake 17-20 minutes until edges are browned and centers begin to set.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Assmeble the ice cream sandwiches by adding 1-2 heaping scoops of ice cream to the flat side of a pumpkin cookie. Place the flat side of another cookie on top.
- Roll each sandwich in mini chocolate chips, then serve or freeze immediately.