This is the easiest “no sew” paper rainbow garland you’ll ever make!
I don’t bake, and I don’t sew. It’s not that I have anything against either, it’s that if I owned a sewing machine, my husband and kids would never see me again! This makes some craft projects challenging. However, I’m sharing my favorite way to make a “no sew” paper garland with you – and all you need is your glue gun and a theme!
In preparation for St. Patrick’s Day, I made a rainbow garland with clouds and a random pop of gold. You can obviously use this tutorial to make your own garland in whatever color palette and length you need! They are a great decoration for a party, baby shower, or in your child’s room or nursery. So colorful and somewhat simple! (See what I did there?)
EASY “NO SEW” PAPER RAINBOW GARLAND
- hot glue gun, loaded and ready for business
- 2 inch hole puncher
- cloud shaped hole puncher (or other desired shape)
- rainbow colored card stock (this is a good project to use up some scrap paper from other projects)
- baker’s twine in the color of your choice
- Measure and cut your baker’s twine to desired length.
- Punch out circles in your card stock in even amounts, as you’ll glue 2 circles onto each other along your twine…
- Glue a nice amount over the surface of a circle and place the twine in the middle of that shape. Quickly apply glue to it’s “partner” and slap that baby right on top!
- Continue on down your twine in a pattern.
- Hang and enjoy!
- Punch out extra circles because hot glue can be a hot mess!
- You can rip off any circles you don’t like, and quickly replace them.
- If working with shapes, such as the cloud, make sure you match up the “partner” cards before placing the glue in between, so the shapes come together nicely.
Here are a few more colorful creations you may like: