The holiday season is my favorite time of year to make things crafts with my kids. This easy ribbon Christmas tree craft is a fun project to do with your children.
Easy Ribbon Christmas Trees
Hi guys! Today we have a super darling and easy ribbon Christmas tree craft! I love these little trees because they are super versatile and FUN! You can use whatever colors of ribbon you’d like if you’re trying to match your decor.
You can also make them whatever size you need them, and display them wherever fits best. I’ve used them as an added piece of decor on my mantel, but they’d even make darling name tags for your Christmas place settings.
Supplies You’ll Need
- Festive colored ribbon
- Wood sticks (I found these mini sticks at Hobby Lobby that come with square blocks. They are perfect!
How To Make A Ribbon Christmas Tree
Here is the easy step-by-step process. However, if you’re more of a visual learner, scroll down near the bottom to find a short video tutorial .
- Cut several strips of ribbon. (The actual size of your finished trees will determine the length you will need. For mine, I cut strips that were about 5 inches long. I could’ve cut them shorter, but 5 inches was easy to work with.)
- Tie each ribbon in a double knot around your stick, adjusting the way the ribbon lays as needed.
- Trim the ribbon in a steep slant from the top of the tree down to the bottom
- Place the sticks into the wood block base and display
More Fun Christmas Ideas
- 10 Easy Christmas Crafts For Kids
- Sugar Cone Christmas Trees
- Snowman Rice Krispie Treats
- 15 Snowman Treats & Crafts
- Roll A Snowman Dice Game
We hope you have a great time making these adorable ribbon Christmas trees. Don’t forget to snap a picture and tag us on social media so we can see how creative you were! Have a fun and safe holiday season!
Ribbon Christmas Tree Craft
- 1 Package Mini wood sticks with block bases
- 4 Rolls Ribbon
- Cut several strips of ribbon.
- Tie each ribbon in a double knot around the wood stick. You'll want to adjust the way the ribbon lays so it looks how you like it.
- Trim the ribbon. You'll want to trim it in a steep slant from the top to the bottom so that it takes on the shape of a Christmas tree.
- Place the sticks of the Christmas trees into a wood block base and then display it.