Calling all shrimp lovers!!! This recipe is for you! We’ve made these Shrimp Quesadillas twice now and my entire family LOVES them so much, I just added them to our regular meal rotation. They taste delicious and are pretty simple to throw together. I’m not even a huge shrimp fan, but I’ll eat these any day! Give them a try and tell me what you think…
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined and defrosted if you buy them frozen
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile
- 5 tbs lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Soft-taco-size flour tortillas
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In small bowl, toss shrimp, chipotle chile and lime juice then set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil, then add pepper and onion. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add shrimp and cook 3 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp mixture to bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Butter one side of each tortilla and place buttered side down on skillet or griddle. Add shrimp mixture, cheese, and cilantro, then add a second tortilla, butter side up.
- Cook quesadilla about 2 minutes or until lightly toasted, then flip and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve with sour cream and guacamole!
This recipe originally published on Somewhat Simple in November 2009