If you’ve never made pudding cookies before, you’re in for a special treat! These banana pudding cookies are a new family favorite! They taste just like a banana split but in the form of a cookie.
Easy Pudding Cookies
Pudding cookies are one of my favorite cookies to make because they come together so quickly and they are super soft and moist. This banana split version of these pudding cookies uses the basic cake mix with pudding recipe, but with an extra-ripe chopped up banana thrown in. (If you’re like me, you almost always have a pile of brown bananas hanging out on your kitchen counter…and what better way to use ’em up than in cookies?)
To give these pudding cookies the chocolate “topping” that we all love on top of our banana splits, I simply melted some chocolate chips and drizzled it over the tops of them. And, since we love sprinkles at my house, I added some of those as well!
How To Make Banana Pudding Cookies
Prep – I like to use a parchment paper-lined baking sheet for these cookies to make it easier to clean the baking sheets. Using a baking mat is also a great idea. You’ll also want to preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Wet Then Dry – Start by mixing the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix together the oil and the eggs. Next, add them in with the dry ingredients and then mix everything until fully combined. Lastly, you fold the chopped bananas into the cookie mix.
Make It Hot – Roll the dough into tablespoon-sized balls and then place them evenly onto the baking sheet. I like to use a cookie scoop to keep the size uniform. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are beginning to brown around the edges.
Add Chocolate – Allow the cookies to completely cool before adding the chocolate. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave and then drizzle over the top of the cookies. Add sprinkles and any other banana split toppings you enjoy.
Other Easy Cookie Recipes
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Colorful Jello Cookies
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Cake Mix Cookie Guide
- Lemon Cookies Using Cool Whip
Let us know if you make these cookies by leaving us a comment in the section below. Don’t forget to follow us on social media so you can keep up on all of our new recipes!
Banana Pudding Cookies Recipe
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 box (4-serving sizvanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or non-stick baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, oil and eggs, stirring until combined.
- Gently fold in the chopped bananas.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies just start to brown around the edges - the centers will still be soft when you remove them from the oven.
- Allow them to cool for approximately 2 minutes on the baking sheets and then remove them to a cooling rack.
- Once the cookies are completely cool, melt the chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl on high for approximately 30 seconds or until the chocolate is softened and can be easily stirred smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate over cookies and top with sprinkles.
These cookies will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator if stored in a tightly lidded container.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Ashley is the fabulous food blogger from Kitchen Meets Girl. She is a full-time working mom who spent some time on the Somewhat Simple Creative Team in 2013.