These caramel apple oatmeal cookies are so delicious and packed with chunks of fresh apple and gooey caramel!
Easy Caramel Apple Cookies
Who else is excited for fall baking? These caramel apple oatmeal cookies are pretty much the essence of fall baking. Sweet and chewy oatmeal cookies packed with fresh juicy apples and melty caramel bits – what could be better? They’re also really easy and quick to make, which makes them the perfect anytime treat.
The cookies come out soft and chewy on the inside, and crisp on the outside. The apple and caramel flavors blend together perfectly, and the cookies taste just like a caramel apple! My family inhaled them, and the whole batch was gone within an afternoon. I suppose that’s just the motivation I need to make more!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- White & brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Old fashioned oats
- Kraft caramel bits
How To Make Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Prep – Start preheating your oven to 350 degrees before you get started. You’ll also want to line two baking sheets with parchment or a baking mat.
Cream Butter – The first thing you’ll want to do is beat the brown sugar, sugar, and butter together in a large bowl until it’s light and fluffy.
Wet Ingredients – Next, add the vanilla and egg to the butter mixture and beat everything until it’s smooth.
Dry Ingredients – Now you’ll add in 1 cup of the flour, the baking powder, baking soda, salt and oats to the bowl. Mix it all together until all of the ingredients have completely combined.
Apples – Chop your apples into bite sized pieces and then toss them with the remaining tablespoon of flour. Then you’ll gently fold the apples and caramel bits into the dough.
Cook – Scoop the dough into one inch balls and place on them on the prepared baking sheets. You’ll bake the caramel apple cookies for about 11 minutes, or until they’re a light golden brown color.
Best Caramels – I used Kraft caramel bits for these cookies, and I love that they are unwrapped and so easy to bake with. They’re also the perfect size for cookies! They’re small enough to distribute evenly throughout the cookie, which means that you get gooey caramel in every bite.
Best Apples To Use – I used some sweet and tangy pink lady apples, and they added some really great apple flavor. You could definitely use another variety of apple (such as honey crisp or granny smith), but I wouldn’t recommend using a really mild apple like red delicious.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Blueberry Cobbler Cookies
- Strawberry Lemonade Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour, separated
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup caramel bits
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment or grease lightly, and set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the brown sugar, sugar, and butter until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg, and beat until smooth. Add 1 cup of flour, and the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and oats, and mix until combined. Toss the chopped apple pieces with the remaining tablespoon of flour. Gently fold the apples and caramel bits into the dough.
- Scoop the dough into one inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until light golden brown.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Kraft/Heinz. All opinions are my own.