If you love chicken, avocados, and ranch, you’ll love this California Chicken Flatbread! It’s easy to make, easy to customize, and it tastes delicious!
Summer is right around the corner and that always makes me want to scour the market for fresher ingredients to make a relaxed dinner that doesn’t heat up my whole house! This California Chicken Flatbread recipe fits the bill!
Soft flatbread piled high with fresh avocado, diced tomatoes, crispy bacon, and juicy chicken. Add a sprinkle of cheese and a drizzle of ranch and get ready for your taste buds to fall in love!
This recipe is perfect to serve as an appetizer or main dish. Serve it for lunch or a light dinner with a fresh salad and you’re good to go!
It’s low on calories and high on flavor so you can eat plenty and not feel guilty about it.
There’s about 5 minutes of prep time and 15 minutes in the oven, so this entire meal has a total time of about 20 minutes from start to finish.
Here’s how to make it –
Easy California Chicken Flatbread Recipe
- 1 large flatbread: You can also use Naan or homemade pizza dough for the crust/ base.
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded: You can also use Pepper Jack or cheddar.
- 1 cup boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and cubed. I like to use rotisserie chicken, but you can use whatever cooked chicken breasts you have on hand. Just be sure to season chicken to your liking and shred it or dice chicken it into cubes.
- 3 strips bacon, cooked + chopped: Ready-made bacon is fine to use for this recipe, but if you prefer to cook bacon yourself, sauté it in a skillet on the stove over medium heat, drain the fat, and let the bacon come to room temperature on a plate of paper towels.
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 Avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing, to drizzle and dip: I prefer to make my own ranch, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Chipotle Ranch Dressing is also delicious!!
- OPTIONAL: thinly sliced red onion, chopped cilantro leaves or sliced green onions, for garnish. You can turn up the heat on this recipe by adding red pepper flakes or sriracha.
Preheat your oven to 375. Line a large baking sheet with a sheet of foil or parchment paper.
Place flatbread on the baking sheet, and brush the top of the flatbread with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Add the cheese, chicken, bacon, and cherry tomatoes, then cook it on the center oven rack for 15 minutes.
Top with avocado and drizzle with ranch.
Cut into slices and enjoy!
HERE’S A PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE –
California Chicken Flatbread
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Place the flatbread on the baking sheet, and brush the top of the flatbread with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add the cheese, chicken, bacon, and cherry tomatoes, then cook it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Top with avocado and drizzle with ranch.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!