There’s only one thing that makes Twinkies taste even better than they are and that’s to put them on a stick and dip them in chocolate. These chocolate covered Twinkies are covered in your favorite toppings and make for a perfect treat!
Chocolate Dipped Twinkies
I might hurt someone’s feelings with the following statement, but here it goes: I am not a huge fan of Twinkies. (gasp!) I’m not sure what it is, especially since I have such a sweet tooth! BUT, I recently decided to dress them up a bit and I finally realized what all the Twinkies hype was about- I couldn’t keep my hands off of these things!
Even my husband, who has been staying away from sweets for a while, couldn’t resist! These Gourmet Chocolate Covered Twinkies are amazing!! Cover them in your favorite topping and you’ll have a treat that you can get enough of. My favorite was the coconut-covered one, my husband loved the one with toffee bits, and my kids… well, they loved them all!
How To Make Chocolate Covered Twinkies On A Stick
- 10 Twinkies
- 12 oz. Candy-Making Milk or Dark Chocolate (I used Ghirardelli’s® Dark and White Melting Wafers.)
- 4 oz. Candy-Making White Chocolate
- Various Toppings:
- toffee bits
- 10 Lollipop Sticks
- Remove Twinkies from wrappers and insert lollipop stick into one end. Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Place in freezer for at least 3 hours. You want each Twinkie completely frozen so the weight of the chocolate doesn’t pull them off of the sticks.
- Melt chocolates according to directions on their packages until they are completely melted and smooth.
- Remove Twinkies from the freezer, and one at a time, coat them in the melted chocolate. I found it easiest to hold the Twinkies over the bowl of melted chocolate and use a spoon to drizzle and coat them, rather than submerge them completely into the melted chocolate. Let any excess chocolate drip off and lay back down onto wax paper.
- Add desired toppings and let sit until chocolate hardens..
… and that is it!
More Fun Twinkie Ideas
If you loved these chocolate covered Twinkies, you’ll love these other fun Twinkie ideas.