This sweet and refreshing orange creamsicle smoothie is perfect for an easy breakfast or afternoon snack! Filled with fruit and yogurt, it’s a healthy and flavorful way to enjoy your favorite frozen creamsicle drink!
I love the flavor of oranges in frozen drinks and other delicious recipes. Some of my other favorite recipes that feature a hint of orange flavor is this Strawberry Orange Fruit Salad, Cranberry Orange Sweet Bread and Orange Chicken rice bowl recipe.
Orange Creamsicle Drink
One of my goals for the new year is to encourage my kids to eat healthier food. They’re actually pretty good at eating fruits and vegetables when they are offered, but when we’re running late in the mornings, it’s easy to just hand them frozen waffles or granola bars for breakfast.
I had a realization recently that it takes less than a minute to blend a smoothie for them, and it’s the perfect way to pack in some nutrients right at the beginning of the day. My six year old (who always has to be coaxed to eat in the morning) will drink her smoothie up in just a few minutes with a smile.
My kids have always loved orange creamsicles, so I thought it would be fun to try a new smoothie with the flavor that they love. This orange creamsicle smoothie is thick and creamy and delicious, with minimal added sugar (depending on the type of yogurt you use) and a good sized serving of fruit. It’s the perfect way to start the day!
How To Make A Creamsicle Smoothie
What I love about this creamsicle drink recipe is just how easy it is to make. It really doesn’t get any easier than this.
Prep – You’ll want to use frozen fruit for this recipe to get the smoothie texture. If you didn’t buy frozen chunks of fruit, you’ll want to cut up the fruit and stick in the freezer well before you make it.
Blend – Simply grab all of the ingredients for your orange creamsicle drink and toss them in the blender. I just use a regular blender but I have friends that swear by the Ninja blender. Either way, mix everything together in a blender until smooth or until it reaches your desired consistency.
Consistency – I like my drinks creamy smoothie but one of my kids like to have little chunks of fruit in theirs. If you prefer little chunks in your drink, I recommend blending the ingredients in 10-15 second intervals until you reach the desired consistency.
Tips For Making Creamsicle Smoothies
- Extra Ripe Bananas – I have to say that I am very picky about bananas when I’m eating them plain and I would never ever consent to eating a spotty banana. As far as smoothies go, though, they are perfect! They’re a lot sweeter than the just slightly green bananas I usually prefer and they blend great and make the smoothie extra creamy. Even if you, like me, loathe spotty bananas, definitely give them a try in an orange creamsicle smoothie!
- Freezing Bananas – When you’re freezing your bananas in preparation for this recipe make sure you peel them before putting them in the freezer. If you don’t do this, the peel will be next to impossible to remove when it’s frozen.
- Extra Sweet – If you want it to taste a little more like an authentic creamsicle, you could add some honey or sugar to sweeten things up, but since I was making it for my kids, I left it as it was. It’s still nice and sweet without the added sugar. This is definitely one of our favorites that we will be making again and again!
More Easy Smoothie Recipes
- Tropical Banana Smoothie
- Simple Green Smoothie Recipe
- Blueberry Pomegranate Smoothie
- Peach Smoothie
- Easy Breakfast Smoothie
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks, or mango
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Absolutely Delicious. Great way to get Vitamin C. I use low fat Fair Life and I cheat with a small amount of low fat ice cream. It’s perfect for a mid-afternoon drink. 🙏
Super Yummy! Kids wanted to keep making more!
LOL, I’m glad they loved them!
Loved it other than sugar content 32 grams I’m diabetic soooo must figure a alternative but nice looks awesome
These were my favorite! They were so yummy we ran out and bought more ingredients to make more!
LOL, we did the same thing last night!
So refreshing and delicious! My whole family loved it!
So glad to hear you loved it!
Yum! This is the perfect summer drink! We all loved it! We tried it once with pineapple and once with mango. Both were great but I think I liked the pineapple more.
I’m with you. Both versions are sooo good but I think I like the pineapple more as well.
Does it have to be mango?
Yes, it uses a cup of frozen mango chunks.
Thanks for sharing! Do they keep long?
You bet! No, you’ll want to drink these right after you make them.
This looks so good! I bet kids would love to make this together!
My kids are loving smoothies for breakfast and it’s nice to have a new one to break up the routine!
Thanks, I’m so glad they enjoyed them!
Orange creamsicle is the best!! I love it!! The thought of it as a smoothie, makes me crave it right now! I can’t wait to make it!
This is so light and refreshing! Perfect for these cold winter days!
What can I use as a substitute for the yogurt which I detest? Otherwise looks great.
Yum, I absolutely LOVE this recipe! Thank you for sharing!
You’re welcome! So glad to hear you liked it!
This smoothie was so refreshing!
Thanks, so glad you enjoyed it! It’s one of my favorite smoothies to make!