This sweet and refreshing orange creamsicle smoothie is perfect for an easy breakfast or afternoon snack! Filled with fruit and yogurt, it’s a healthy and flavorful frozen drink the whole family will love!
Orange Creamsicle Drink
Even on crazy mornings, it takes less than a minute to blend a smoothie for the kids as they’re running out the door, and it’s the perfect way to pack in some nutrients right at the beginning of the day.
They’ve always loved orange creamsicles, so I thought it would be fun to try a new smoothie with the flavor that they love.
This orange creamsicle smoothie is thick and creamy and delicious, with minimal added sugar (depending on the type of yogurt you use) and a good sized serving of fruit.
My six year old (who always has to be coaxed to eat in the morning) will drink her smoothie up in just a few minutes with a smile. It’s like a special treat before she heads off to school!
How To Make A Creamsicle Smoothie
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks, or mango
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt – you can use Greek Yogurt or regular yogurt for this recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Frozen Fruit – Using frozen fruit is key for this recipe so you get a thick and creamy smoothie texture. You can buy a bag of frozen pineapple at the store or cut up a fresh pineapple and freeze it in a baggie overnight.
- Extra Ripe Bananas – If you’re like me and loathe consuming spotty bananas, give them a try in this smoothie! Overly ripe bananas are actually perfect to use because they’re sweeter than the barely ripe ones. They also blend great and make the smoothie extra creamy!
- Freezing Bananas – When you’re freezing your bananas in preparation for this recipe make sure you peel them before putting them in the freezer. If you don’t do this, the peel will be next to impossible to remove when it’s frozen.
- Extra Sweet – If you want it to taste a little more like an authentic creamsicle, you could add some honey or sugar to sweeten things up, but since I was making it for my kids, I left it as it was. It’s still nice and sweet without the added sugar.
- Extra Protein – You can add your favorite protein powders, chia seeds, flax seeds, or spinach to this smoothie, but you might have to add more juice + yogurt to get the desired taste and consistency.
Place all of the ingredients for your orange creamsicle drink into a blender. Mix in 10-15 second intervals until you reach the desired consistency.
More Easy Smoothie Recipes
- Tropical Banana Smoothie
- Simple Green Smoothie Recipe
- Blueberry Pomegranate Smoothie
- Peach Smoothie
- Easy Breakfast Smoothie
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie Recipe
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.