Well Hello again everyone! I’m happy to share with you all once again- I LOVE being a contributor here! I know that the next few months will be FILLED with holidays, and we can’t possibly touch on them all. So I’m focusing on the closest ones. I’ve created a Free Printable Ultimate Student Planner for the college bound graduates, and these for the moms.
I’ve tried to write this paragraph about 15 times. I just can’t put my feelings about my mom down in words. Everything I write sounds so trite and overdone. “She supported me, raised me, taught me…” It’s difficult to describe a person’s influence on you when it has been so vast. Moreover, its not just me she influences. My mom is still raising a 13 and a 17 year old- on her own I might add- since my father’s death in 2008. What words are there for a homemaker, a breadwinner, a disciplinarian and a counselor all rolled into “mother”? How can I possibly put something reasonably short into this post that could even remotely convey the debt of gratitude I owe my mom? I suppose I can’t. So, these past few sentences will have to do.
Mother’s Day is less than a week away, and I know a lot of us are struggling for what to give. Sometimes Moms just don’t need any more “things”. But, who doesn’t need a little help around the house? A little pick-me- up relax time? Besides, when is the last time a Mom didn’t LOVE a home made gift like we used to give when we were kids.
I’ve gone back to those home made days and created Printable Mother’s Day Coupons. They’re called Mommy Bucks and they’re gift coupons especially for mommies. I designed them all myself, with my siblings in mind as well, offering Mom moments to brighten her day, lessen her workload, and make her smile. And of course, I’m sharing them with you!
This project is particularly fun because it involves creating tear-off coupons by using a sewing machine. You’ll see- its neat!
What You Will Need:
- Sewing Machine (optional)
- Mod Podge (or stapler)
- The template
How To Make It:
- Print the template on paper of your choosing. (I’m doing a tear-off version so I used regular text paper.)
- Cut out all of the coupons. Look through them, if there are any that don’t apply to your mom, just leave them out.
- Following the dotted line, “sew” through all of the coupons. (Not the Covers!) Its so easy! Just make sure you don’t have any thread loaded, and pass the paper through the machine at a medium stitch length. Voila! Perforations for tear-off coupons!
- Stack the coupons in a book (in the order you want them to appear) and place the front and back covers in place. Use a binder clip or clothespin to hold the paper in place. Then you can either staple the booklet, or glue the edge. To glue, simply paint the edge with mod podge and let dry. Repeat several times unti binding is secure. This is the same method used for my free printable Inspiring To Do List tear-off pad.
- That’s it! Wrap this up with a sweet bow and give to to Mommy on Mother’s Day. I’m sure she’ll love it!
Well, There it is! I hope you like it, and make one for a mommy in your life! I can’t WAIT to see you all next month- Happy Mother’s Day!!