Here is a simple St. Patrick’s Day “recipe” (term used lightly!) that your kids will love- Rainbow Jello!
I am not a huge Jello-O fan, but my kids love it, so these rainbow Jell-O treats are a hit! And you can’t beat the cost, right? The small packages are around a dollar a box and I was able to get about 10 small glasses of rainbow Jell-O! Such a fun and cheap snack!
These treats are really easy to make, but if you’re trying to make these in the morning for an after school snack like I was, you really have to plan your day around Jell-O! It takes less than 5 minutes to boil, mix and pour each color, so really the longest part is just waiting in between each layer for it to set – which takes about an hour in the fridge.
Rainbow Jello Treats
- boxes of Jell-O in a variety of colors/flavors
- whipped cream
- clear plastic cups
- Follow the directions on the first box of Jell-O. I used the “quicker method” the box refers to, using ice to speed up the process.
- Pour a small amount of the liquid into a cup and refrigerate until set completely.
- Continue with the next color – mix it, then add a small amount on top of your first color.
- Refrigerate until set, then mix the next color until you have all your colorful layers. Just be sure to mix one color at a time and let it set completely before you add the next color on top!
- Once all your layers are looking pretty, add some whipped cream and sprinkles!