In need of something for dinner tonight? No worries, we’ve got you covered!
Take a look at this Upside Down Deep Dish Pizza-
Calling all PIZZA LOVERS! (Or FOOD LOVERS!) Do we have your attention yet? Add this to your menu plan, your family will thank you! This upside down deep dish pizza is super easy to throw together and it tastes great! There are no crazy ingredients needed and not a lot of prep work required, which makes this a perfect recipe to keep on hand for the no-fuss cooking nights.
- 1 lb. of lean ground beef
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (11 oz.) refrigerated pizza dough
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Brown ground beef; rinse and drain. Season with salt and ground black pepper, if desired.
- Stir in Pasta Sauce and bring to a boil.
- Transfer meat mixture to a shallow baking dish or a 2-quart casserole pan.
- Top with cheese.
- Place pizza dough over dish, sealing edges tightly.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in December 2009