Pizza Cupcakes are a delicious option for your homemade pizza night. They’re easy to customize and can be on the table in 30 minutes or less!
Pizza Cupcakes – An Easy Dinner Idea
These Pizza Cupcakes are one of the most genius recipes ever! Simple to make, super delicious, and… they’re portable. What could be better than that?!
The first time we made pizza cupcakes in my home, they were a hit! Every person in my family loved them so much, that we now make them every couple of months… they never get old!
Here’s how to make them –
How to Make Pizza Cupcakes
As with any homemade pizza, this recipe is super versatile- you can use whatever ingredients you want, and you can change the flavor each time you bake them.
- DOUGH – You can use store-bought refrigerated pizza dough, or make homemade pizza dough. Crescent rolls also work and taste amazing, too!
- SAUCE – marinara, alfredo, pesto, BBQ sauce, etc.
- CHEESE – fresh mozzarella, cheddar, ricotta, etc.
- PIZZA TOPPINGS – mini pepperonis, Canadian bacon, ham, onions, olives, green peppers, pineapple, bacon, mushrooms, sausage, other veggies… pick your favorite pizza toppings and you won’t be disappointed!
For this particular night, we made the classic pepperoni pizza cupcakes and they were so simple and seriously fantastic! What’s not to love about red pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and mini pepperonis?!
Other variations that we’ve tried and loved are Hawaiian-style pizzas with Canadian bacon and pineapple, and BBQ Chicken pizzas with BBQ sauce, shredded chicken, red onions, and bacon – that one is my favorite!
ROLL THE DOUGH – Roll out the pizza dough on a flat surface, then spread the sauce over the dough, leaving a 1-inch space along one long edge of the dough.
TOPPINGS. Add your cheese and toppings.
CUT THE DOUGH – Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into one-inch strips, starting on one long end and going up to the other long end.
ROLL THEM UP. Roll the dough over the toppings, ending at the edge without pizza sauce. Place one roll in each muffin cup, swirled side facing up. (Make sure your muffin cups have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.)
BAKE. Bake according to your pizza dough’s directions in a preheated oven until golden brown. (Mine were finished in 10 minutes.)
SPRINKLE. Pull them out of the oven when the dough is cooked through, then sprinkle them with Parmesan Cheese, basil, Italian seasoning, red pepper… whatever you’d like!
SERVE. Serve and enjoy! I love that it takes only 20 minutes from start to finish, and it is a meal the kids all LOVE to help create!
STORE. These pizza cupcakes are great as leftovers! Store any others you have in an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator for up to one week. Warm them up in the microwave, toaster oven, or air fryer.
More Easy Pizza Recipes
HERE’S A PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE –
- Spray 2 muffin tins with non stick spray. Preheat your oven to package directions.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a flat surface, then spread the sauce over the dough, leaving a 1-inch space along one long edge of the dough.
- Add your cheese and toppings.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into one-inch strips, starting on one long end and going up to the other long end.
- Roll the dough over the toppings, ending at the edge without pizza sauce. Place one roll in each cup of a muffin pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray, swirled side facing up.
- Bake according to your pizza dough’s directions. (Mine were finished in 10 minutes.)
- Pull them out of the oven when the dough is cooked through, then sprinkle them with Parmesan Cheese and basil or Italian seasoning.
Have you tried these before?
Leave us a comment in the section below and tell us what you think!