These Pizza Cupcakes are one of the most genius recipes ever! Simple to make, super delicious, and… they’re portable. What could be better than that?!
Pizza Cupcake – An Easy Dinner Idea
The first time we made pizza cupcakes in my home, they were a hit! Every person in my family loved them so much, that we now make them every couple of months… they never get old!
As with any homemade pizza, this recipe is super versatile- you can use whatever ingredients you want, and you can change the flavor each time you bake them. For this particular night, we made the classic pepperoni pizza cupcakes and they were so simple, and seriously fantastic! What’s not to love about red pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and mini pepperonis?!
Other variations that we’ve tried and loved are Hawaiian style pizzas with Canadian bacon and pineapple, and BBQ Chicken pizzas with BBQ sauce, shredded chicken, red onions and bacon – that one is my favorite!
Pizza Cupcakes Video
So easy, right?
I love that it takes only 20 minutes from start to finish, and it is a meal the kids all LOVE to help create!
More Easy Pizza Recipes
Pizza Cupcakes Recipe
- Pizza Dough, I used 2 pkgs of store-bought pizza dough and it made approx. 24 cupcakes
- 1 Jar of Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups of Canadian Bacon Slices
- 1 can of pineapple chunks
- 2 cups of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Dried Basil, optional
- Preheat oven according to pizza dough’s directions. Grease two 12-cup muffin pans.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a flat surface.
- Spread the sauce over the dough, leaving a 1-inch space along the 2 long edges of the dough.
- Top with pineapple, Canadian bacon and mozzarella cheese.
- Roll the dough over the toppings starting with one of the long sides.
- Cut the dough into 1 inch segments to make individual rolls.
- Place one roll in each cup of your muffin pan with the swirled side up.
- Bake according to your pizza dough’s directions. (Mine were finished in 10 minutes.)
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and Basil.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have you tried these before?
Leave us a comment in the section below and tell us what you think!
This post originally published in 2013, but was updated in 2018 with new images.