Everyone has their favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. Here is mine. Not only are they soft and delicious, they are also SUPER simple to make… which is good for me, ’cause not too many things that I bake turn out decent. Seriously. I can cook a mean dinner, but give me some flour and measuring spoons and I get all nervous! Too many kitchen fails in the area of baking for me has made me lose some confidence. So if I can make these and have family members ooh and ahh over them, you can too- I promise.
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 18 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
The key to these cookies is not to bake them past the recommended 10 minutes. That way, after cooking they are nice and chewy.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl , mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda .
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips .
- With your fingers, place golf ball sized portions 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-10 minutes or just until edges are light brown.