There are so many different variations to broccoli salad, and I don’t think I’ve ever tried one I didn’t like! I have a friend who makes my favorite version with grapes, sunflower seeds and bacon… everything is better with bacon, right? With her permission, I am sharing this tasty Broccoli Salad recipe. If you’ve never tried this dish before, you are in for a delicious treat!
Easy Broccoli Salad
For the salad-
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup red grapes, halved*
- 10 slices of cooked bacon* *
- 1 cup sunflower seeds***
For the dressing-
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
* You can substitute 1/2 cup of raisins or dried cranberries for grapes if that is more your thing!
** I buy the bacon that is already cooked, but you can make your own- just let it cool before you add it to this salad.
*** Use your favorite nut instead of sunflower seeds. The salad pictured in this post was made using cashews- which was super good!
- In a medium bowl, combine the broccoli, onion and grapes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar and mayonnaise. Pour over broccoli mixture, and toss until well mixed.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Before serving, toss salad with crumbled bacon and sunflower seeds.
Eat and ENJOY!!!
(This recipe was originally shared on Somewhat Simple in July of 2009)