This rich and creamy Cajun Cream Sauce Pasta is quick and easy to prepare. Loaded with sausage and pepper this recipe is FULL of flavor!
Easy Cajun Cream Sauce
It’s easy to get into a dinner rut when you have hungry kids and are short on time! Chicken is usually my go-to ingredient in pasta because it’s quick and easy to prepare. But after making this delicious sausage dish, I might have to change my ways and add some sausage to our pasta dishes more often!
This Cajun Cream Sauce recipe uses only a handful of ingredients, but it’s oh-so-delicious! You can use your own Cajun seasoning, or keep it simple with a purchased spice blend – both options work well!
I’ll show you how I used this cajun sauce in a sausage pasta dish, but I’ve used this sauce on burgers, sandwiches, and grilled shrimp, too! While store-bought sauces are definitely easier, there’s nothing like a good homemade sauce recipe.
Here’s how to make it –
How To Make A Cajun Pasta Sauce
No crazy or fancy ingredients in this one!
- PASTA – I’ve made this recipe with macaroni, rigatoni, and cellentani- they are all amazing!
- PROTEIN – you can use shredded chicken, but I prefer this recipe with sausage links
- BELL PEPPER – Any color tastes great. Use a mixture if you want more color!
- HEAVY CREAM
- CAJUN SEASONING
- PARMESAN CHEESE
- Cook your sausage according to the directions on the package and then slice it into coin-sized pieces
- Over medium to high heat, cook the sausage and bell peppers in a skillet for about 3 minutes
- Be sure to turn them occasionally so one side doesn’t burn
- Add in the minced garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds
- Add the heavy cream and Cajun seasoning to the skillet and bring everything to a boil
- Reduce the heat and let the sauce simmer for several minutes until it begins to thicken
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese
- MAKE IT SPICIER. If you like a little more heat and want to make a spicy Cajun cream sauce, add up to 1 more tablespoon of Cajun seasoning – that’ll surely kick it up a notch!
More Delicious Sauce Recipes
Once you’ve made our delicious Cajun cream sauce you will want to try one of these other delicious sauces.
- Easy Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- Homemade Red Enchilada Sauce
- Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce
- Chili Lime Sauce
- Green Enchilada Sauce Recipe
Cajun Cream Sauce Recipe
HERE’S A PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE –
Cajun Cream Sauce with Pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, cook sausage according to package directions and slice into coins (about 1/4″).
- Heat a 12″ dutch oven or skillet to med-hi, add sausage coins and bell peppers, cook for about 3 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the cream and Cajun seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for several minutes, or until the cream begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add the Parmesan cheese. Stir into the sauce.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan, if desired.
- Serve warm.