This rich and creamy Cajun Cream Sauce Pasta is quick and easy to prepare. Loaded with sausage and pepper this recipe it is FULL of flavor!
Easy Cajun Cream Sauce
This Cajun cream sauce recipe uses only a handful of ingredients, but it’s oh so delicious! You can use your own Cajun seasoning, or keep it simple with a purchased spice blend – both options work well! If you like a little more heat and want to make a spicy Cajun cream sauce, add up to 1 more tablespoon of Cajun seasoning than what is written below – that’ll surely kick it up a notch!
It’s easy to get in a dinner rut when you have hungry kids and are short on time! Chicken is usually my go-to ingredient in pastas because it’s quick and easy to prepare. But after making this delicious sausage dish, I might have to change my ways and add some sausage variety more often!
How To Make A Cajun Pasta Sauce
- Cook your sausage according to the directions on the package and then slice it into coin-sized pieces
- Over medium to high heat, cook the sausage and bell peppers in a skillet for about 3 minutes
- Be sure to turn them occasionally so one side doesn’t burn
- Add in the minced garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds
- Add the heavy cream and Cajun seasoning to the skillet and bring everything to a boil
- Reduce the heat and let the sauce simmer for several minutes until it begins to thicken
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese
More Easy Pasta Recipes
- Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Pasta
- Build Your Own Pasta Bar
- 20 Minute Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
- Chicken Fettuccine Recipe
More Delicious Sauce Recipes
While store bought sauces are definitely easier, there’s nothing like a good homemade sauce recipe. Once you’ve made our delicious Cajun cream sauce you will want to try one of these other delicious sauces.
- Easy Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- Homemade Red Enchilada Sauce
- Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce
- Chili Lime Sauce
- Green Enchilada Sauce Recipe
Cajun Cream Sauce Recipe
Doesn’t it look yummy??
Cajun Cream Sauce with Pasta
- 12 ounces pasta
- 1 19 0z package sausage links, sliced into 1/4" pieces
- 1 bell pepper, sliced. Any color tastes great, so feel free to use a mixture of more than one if you want more color!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, cook sausage according to package directions and slice into coins (about 1/4").
- Heat a 12" dutch oven or skillet to med-hi, add sausage coins and bell peppers, cook for about 3 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the cream and Cajun seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for several minutes, or until the cream begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add the Parmesan cheese. Stir into the sauce.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan, if desired.
- Serve warm.