This easy homemade Alfredo sauce is thick, creamy and so delicious. Once you try this simple recipe, you’ll never buy the sauce sold in a jar again!
Homemade Pasta Sauce
Moms of picky eaters, this is for YOU!
As a mom of five kids, I definitely have my fair share of dinner-time struggles. Very few meals please everyone in the family – especially my picky toddler who seems to live off of pasta and fruit snacks. She’ll eat any noodle with any sauce, but my older kids are the opposite – they whine when spaghetti is on the menu… UNLESS I’ve made this simple Alfredo sauce to go on top!
Seriously, this homemade Alfredo sauce is loved by all! It’s as tasty as something you’d order in a restaurant, but easy enough to whip up at home because the ingredient list is so simple! In about the time it takes to cook the pasta, this sauce will be ready to serve.
How To Make Alfredo Sauce
I showed how to make this on Instagram and had several people within the week thank me for this recipe. It is simple to make and so delicious, in fact, I think it needs to make another appearance in my home!
Warm Ingredients – Place the cream cheese, whipping cream and butter into a large sauce pan and warm it over medium heat. Be sure to stir frequently to keep it from burning. Continue to do this until everything has melted.
Season It – Add the salt & pepper, basil and garlic to pan and stir it until smooth.
Add Cheese & Serve – Add in the cup of Parmesan cheese and stir for a couple of minutes or until the cheese has completely melted. Once the Alfredo sauce has started to thicken, toss it with the pasta and serve.
It Will Thicken As It Cools – You don’t want to prepare this Alfredo sauce too far in advance because it will thicken as it cools. If your pasta isn’t quite ready, just let it sit on the stove top on low heat to keep it warm until you’re ready to serve it.
Can You Freeze Homemade Alfredo Sauce – Yes, you can but I wouldn’t recommend it. The sauce is a little temperamental and has a tendency to separate when it’s reheated. It’s really simple to make, so I would just recommend making a fresh batch each time you plan to use it.
Recipes To Use This Sauce On
- It’s a delicious sauce to use when you Build Your Own Pasta Bar
- Use it as a dipping sauce for this Toasted Ravioli
- My kids love to add this sauce to their Spaghetti
- Add a little to the top of this easy Baked Tortellini
- It goes great with this Chicken Asparagus Pasta too
Let us know if you make this amazing Alfredo sauce by leaving us a comment below and tagging us on social media!
Homemade Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup 1 cube of butter
- 4 ounces 1/2 a brick of cream cheese
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Add the whipping cream, butter and cream cheese to a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Stir often until melted.
- Add the garlic, basil, salt and pepper and stir until smooth.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir for 2-3 minutes, or until melted.
- When the sauce has started to thicken, toss with your favorite pasta.
Easy and delicious… just the way we like it around here!