This easy Alfredo sauce recipe is sponsored by Similac. The new Similac Mix-Ins are a great way to help your child maintain balanced nutrition! If you have a child that is 12 months to 4 years old, definitely visit the Similac website for free samples (while supplies last), or purchase these Mix-ins at your local grocery store or retailer. Keep reading for more details, and #WelcomeToToddlerhood!
This easy Alfredo sauce is thick, creamy and so delicious, you’ll never use a store-bought jarred version again!
As a mom of five kids, I definitely have my fair share of dinner-time struggles. Very few meals please everyone in the family – especially my picky toddler who seems to live off of pasta and fruit snacks. She’ll eat any noodle with any sauce, but my older kids are the opposite – they whine when spaghetti is on the menu, UNLESS I’ve made this simple Alfredo sauce to go on top!
Seriously, this homemade Alfredo sauce is loved by all! It’s as tasty as something you’d order in a restaurant, but so simple to whip up at home.
The original recipe is made with just a few basic ingredients – you might even have them all at home. But I’ve recently discovered an add-in that gives this sauce some added vitamins and nutrients – Similac Go & Grow Mix-ins.
Ensuring you little one gets all the nutrients they need in a day can be hard! Luckily, Similac is making it just a bit easier for us with their new Similac Go & Grow Mix-ins. They dissolve instantly when mixed with food and they add an extra dose of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. One packet literally brings a lot to the table! There is no added flavor or weird textures, so my kids had no idea that I added this “secret ingredient” to their beloved Alfredo sauce!
Easy Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups (1 pint) of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (1 cube) of butter
- 4 ounces (1/2 a brick) of cream cheese
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Similac Go & Grow – 1 packet for each 1/2 cup of the Alfredo Sauce
- Add the whipping cream, butter and cream cheese to a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Stir often until melted.
- Add the garlic, basil, salt and pepper and stir until smooth.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir for 2-3 minutes, or until melted.
- When the sauce has started to thicken, toss with your favorite pasta.
- Just before serving to your toddler, add the recommended serving of the Similac Go & Grow Mix-ins for extra nutrients.
Easy and delicious… just the way we like it!