This flavorful homemade coleslaw dressing will take your coleslaw to the next level! This recipe is creamy, easy to put together and it tastes AMAZING!
Salads are one of my favorite things to eat for both lunch and dinner. What truly makes a salad taste its best is when you pour a freshly made batch of homemade dressing over the top. Some of my other favorite homemade dressings are these Homemade Ranch and Poppy Seed dressing recipes.
Best Coleslaw Dressing
I didn’t start enjoying coleslaw until very recently, but now I just can’t get enough of it! I love the crunch of the cabbage with the creamy texture from this dressing – it is so fresh and so delicious! If you love Homemade Coleslaw, get ready to have your taste buds fall in LOVE! This coleslaw dressing tastes amazing, and once you see how easy it is to make, you’ll never reach for the store-bought stuff again!
Homemade Coleslaw Ingredients
I love this easy recipe because it uses ingredients that you most likely already have on hand. You’ll need:
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Onion powder
- Celery seed (optional)
How to Make Coleslaw Dressing
The most crucial part of any salad is having a great dressing, and this coleslaw dressing is seriously the BEST! It’s sweet and tangy, and it blends perfectly with the fresh cabbage mixture to make a fresh and delicious coleslaw.
Homemade coleslaw dressing is really easy to make. You’ll simply whisk a few pantry and fridge staples together, and it’s ready in just a few minutes! If you don’t have celery seed on hand, you can easily leave it out. The coleslaw will still be delicious, but I do like the little punch of flavor that it adds to this dressing. Just follow these easy steps and you’ll have a delicious dressing, without any of the preservatives, ready in no time!
- Place the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar, celery seed, onion powder, and salt together in a small mixing bowl
- Whisk the ingredients together until they have fully combined
- Pour over your favorite coleslaw recipe and toss to coat evenly
- Refrigerate for at least two hours to allow the dressing to thicken
Recipes To Serve With Coleslaw
- Fall Off The Bone Ribs
- Completos – Chilean Style Hot Dogs
- Baked Tilapia Fish Tacos
- BBQ Beef Sandwiches
- Baked Pastrami Sandwiches
How Long Will Homemade Coleslaw Dressing Last
Once your dressing is made, simply pour it over some chopped cabbage and grated carrots, and toss to coat completely. Refrigerate the coleslaw for at least two hours, or until you’re ready to serve it. It will keep in the fridge for up to two days (and I actually think it tastes better the second day!).
Coleslaw Dressing Recipe
This recipe is so easy, it will literally take you only minutes to make. I promise, once you make this delicious homemade dressing you’ll never go back to using the store bought version again! Leave us a comment below and let us know how it turned out.
Coleslaw Dressing Recipe
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, sugar, celery seed, onion powder, and salt.
- Serve over your favorite coleslaw salad and toss to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.