These crock pot BBQ beef sandwiches are cooked to perfection and dripping with flavor! Not only are they delicious but they are super easy to make.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef
Growing up, my parents made a roast in the crock pot every Sunday. In fact, they made it even until a few years ago when my oldest son was little. He even named it “Church Meat” because we’d have it every Sunday, after church. It is one of those meals that is so simple to prepare, and it is tender and tasty!
We all love an easy dinner recipe that can be quickly pulled together for a busy day. These crock pot BBQ beef sandwiches are the perfect meal for the meat-loving family. Not only do these barbecue sandwiches taste fantastic but your house will smell amazing all day while they’re cooking.
How To Make BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Prep – Start by placing the thawed roast into the slow cooker. Next, you’ll pour the entire bottle of bbq sauce over the meat. Then, take the empty bbq sauce bottle and fill it with water. Give it a good shake to get the remaining sauce and then empty it out over the roast. Finally, add enough water into the crock pot until the meat is almost covered.
Cook – I prefer to cook the beef on low for about 6-8 hours. If you don’t have that much time, you can cook it on high for about 4-6 hours.
Almost Done – About 30 minutes before you’re ready to eat, take the meat out and shred it with meat claws or a couple of forks. Put the shredded meat back into the slow cooker and then let it cook uncovered for the last 30 minutes. This will allow some of the liquid burn off.
Serve – Remove the meat and serve it on toasted buns and slather it with more bbq sauce or top it with some Coleslaw. You could skip the buns and add some sliced potatoes or veggies to the crock pot if you’d like. Either way, you’ll love it!
Best Cut of Meat – My favorite cut of meat to use for these bbq beef sandwiches is a chuck roast. I think a fattier cut of beef works the best for this recipe.
Best BBQ Sauce – I like using a homemade bbq sauce but if you don’t have time, Sweet Baby Ray’s is my favorite sauce.
Frozen Meat – If you forgot to thaw your roast, don’t worry, you can still throw it in the crock pot frozen. You’ll just need to add about 2 extra hours of cook time for a standard 3 pound cut of beef.
More Easy Crock Pot Beef Recipes
- Slow Cooker Meatball Sandwiches
- Crock Pot Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches
- Crock Pot Pepperoncini Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Roast Beef Sandwiches
Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sandwich Recipe
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 32 oz BBQ sauce, 1 bottle for cooking + more when serving
- 8 hamburger buns
- Take your thawed roast* and place it in the crock pot.
- Pour an entire bottle of BBQ sauce over the top of the roast.
- Fill the empty BBQ sauce bottle with water, shake it up to get the rest of the sauce off the sides and then pour that over the top of the roast.
- Add enough water so that the meat is mostly covered in liquid. Put the lid on the crock pot on and cook for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- 30 minutes before serving, shred the meat with 2 forks and place it back in the crock pot.
- Let it cook uncovered on high for the last 30 minutes to burn off some of the excess liquid.
- Serve inside soft buns and add more BBQ sauce if you want.