Popsicle stick spiderwebs are a great craft for a classroom Halloween party. Made with just a few simple supplies, these spider webs are adorably spooky and so simple to make!
Halloween is one of my absolute favorite holidays for decoration and crafting. With everything from creepy skulls and cobwebs to happy pumpkins and ghosts, there’s something for everyone. Although I tend to stick to the cutesy stuff, like Smiling Scarecrows and Pumpkin Poo… and these cute little spiderwebs! Here is how to make them –
How to Make Craft Stick Spiderwebs
- CRAFT STICKS – 3 sticks for each spider web
- YARN – The longer the better as you can trim excess at the end.
- GLUE – Hot glue works best for this project as it eliminates any drying time, but if you are working with kids, school glue will work, it just needs a little more time to dry. If you plan on using these as a party craft, you can glue everything together beforehand and then let the kids color their craft sticks with markers.
- PLASTIC SPIDERS
- PAINT / MARKERS – Optional
Color or paint the craft sticks in Halloween colors or with fun designs. This step is optional depending on how involved you want to get with this craft!
Glue the three craft sticks together to create a base for a web.
Add a small dab of glue to the center of the stick, then press one end of the yarn on the glue to secure. Wrap the yarn in a star pattern, as shown above.
Continue wrapping the yarn around each craft stick – under, over, and all around.
After you are done wrapping, trim off any excess yarn with your scissors. Add a small dab of glue to the end of the yarn and secure it to the popsicle stick.
Glue a spider or two and your popsicle stick spider web is now complete!
These craft stick spiderwebs look so fun hanging up around the house for Halloween! Aren’t they so fun?
More Ideas For Halloween
- Halloween Soda Bottle Labels
- Halloween Lollipops & Printable
- Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats
- Halloween Juice Box Labels
- Halloween Bingo Printables
Hope you have a fun and safe Halloween!