Looking for some fun Halloween Games for Kids? Dead Man’s Body is a spooky activity kids LOVE!
My mom and her sisters use to host a Halloween party every year for me and my cousins waaaaay back in the day. One of the things I remember LOVING at the party was an activity called “Dead Man’s Body”. Now that I have kids of my own, I decided to give it a try!
Disclaimer – My 3-year old daughter and my nephew who is 4 were too scared to even reach into the bowls! But my 6 year old son, my 5 year old niece and my son’s friend had a blast with it! So keep that in mind if you have little ones at home.
Here’s how you pull it off:
Dead Man’s Body Halloween Games for Kids
- 1 large fresh tomato
- 1 whole canned tomato
- spaghetti noodles, cooked
- 1 piece of chicken bone
- wet bunch of yarn
- 2 peeled grapes
- Warm tomato soup
- 2 pieces of dried fruit
- 9 small bowls
- 9 small hand towel to cover the bowls
- paper towels, one for each child
- Dead Man’s Body poem* (click HERE to download)
*In preparation for this blog post, my awesome friend took the original story I used and she turned it into a poem! (She is amazing!!) Feel free to use it if you’d like!
- Place each item in a bowl, then, cover each bowl with a towel.
- Have the kids sit in a semi-circle in a darkened room. Give each of them a paper towel to keep in their lap in case they want to wipe their hands.
- Tell the Dead Man’s Body poem as you pass the covered bowls around for each of them to feel- without looking!
Get ready for squeals of excitement and disgust!
Hope you have a happy Halloween!
. . . . .
This post originally published in October 2009. It was updated with this darling poem and printable in February 2017.
Hack Your Routine!
5 Time-Saving Tips for Crazy Busy Moms