This easy recipe for dill potatoes is very nostalgic for me. Growing up my dad would always use dill when making these delicious and creamy dill potatoes for dinner. These potatoes are so versatile and can be used for dinner, a BBQ with friends or for an afternoon snack.
This recipe for creamy dill potatoes is easy to toss together and super delicious! We use it all the time as a substitute for dishes that pair well with mashed potatoes. It is hard to believe that three ingredients can make such a flavor explosion on some red potatoes, but that is exactly what this creamy sauce does. Make this as a side dish for a quick weeknight dinner, or bring it to your next BBQ… either way, you’re going to love it!
What Is Dill?
Dill is a green feathery herb that is sometimes referred to as dill weed. Dill is a very versatile herb that can be used in several types of dishes. Some of the most popular recipes that use dill are salmon, potatoes, or a delicious dip. Dill can be easily stored in your refrigerator so it’s great to have on hand when you’re in the baking mood.
Easy Dill Potatoes Recipe
Dill Potatoes Recipe
- 1 lb. small red potatoes, quartered (you can also peel them if you'd like)
- 1/2 cup Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread, this is essentially chive flavored cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. dill weed
- In a large pot on high heat, boil the potatoes in water until tender, about 15-17 minutes. Drain, return the potatoes to the pot and set aside.
- Microwave the cream cheese and milk in microwaveable bowl for 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the potatoes, then sprinkle with dill.
- Stir gently and serve immediately.
What Do Dill Potatoes Pair Well With?
These potatoes are so versatile, they can be served with any dish where you would typically serve mashed potatoes. Here are a few of our favorite dinner recipes to try with these potatoes.
- Easy Meatloaf Recipe
- Oven Baked BBQ Ribs
- Completos – Chilean Style Hot Dogs
- Best Homemade Meatballs Recipe
More Easy Potato Recipes
If you loved these easy dill potatoes, then you should try one of these other easy potato recipes
Do you have a favorite potato recipe? Leave me a comment, I would love to hear about it!
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in September 2009.