Eggs in a mug is a quick and simple way to make an omelet or scrambled eggs! These are ready in 60 seconds, so breakfast just got a whole lot easier!
Fast & Easy Breakfast Idea
Mornings in our house can sometimes be pretty chaotic. It’s easy for something to go wrong and cause us to run a few minutes late. Even when that happens, I can still make my kids a healthy breakfast before they leave the house.
Before you dirty a frying pan and your stove with the intention of making a deliciously healthy breakfast, you need to try making eggs in a mug! Cooking eggs has never been so easy, and it can all be done in 60 seconds! Here’s how –
Ingredients for Omelet in a Mug
- Eggs – 2 large eggs or 3 egg whites
- Mug – make sure it’s microwave-safe
- Favorite omelet toppings – shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, onions, avocado, salsa, cilantro, chopped protein (ham, chicken, etc.) salt, and pepper, etc.
How to Make Eggs in a Mug
Egg Prep – Crack your eggs or egg whites in a mug. Then scramble them up by mixing them with a fork.
Microwave – Cover them by placing a napkin or paper towel over the top of the mug and then cook in the microwave for one minute.
Break It Up – When the eggs are done cooking in the microwave, they’ll be in a fluffy “blob”. Break them up with a fork to scramble them.
Toppings – Finally, sprinkle in your desired toppings and then give everything a good mix once more and you’re ready to eat!
Make Ahead Tip – The hardest / most time consuming part of this recipe is dicing and slicing the toppings, so to save time and hassle, prep the ingredients and save them in plastic baggies in your refrigerator so you can pull them out and use what you need.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Best Homemade Pancake Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Waffles
- Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
- Waffle Omelets
- Fluffy Belgian Waffle Recipe
Here’s a printable recipe card for your convenience –
Eggs in a Mug Recipe
- 2 eggs, or 3 egg whites
- favorite omelet toppings , shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, onions, avocado, salsa, cilantro, chopped protein (ham, chicken, etc.) salt, and pepper, etc.
- Crack your eggs or egg whites in a mug, then break them up by mixing them with a fork. Place a napkin or paper towel over the top of the mug, then cook in the microwave for 1 minute.
- When you pull your eggs out of the microwave, they’ll be in a fluffy “blob”. Break them up with a fork to scramble them, then add your desired toppings.
- Mix once more and you’re ready to eat!