Elevate your next summer BBQ with deliciously simple Grilled Asparagus. It’s healthy, flavorful, and can be ready in 10 minutes or less!
A Healthy Side Dish
The arrival of spring means fresh flowers, warmer days, and the beginning of grilling season! Here in Arizona, we grill more in the spring than we do in the summer because the weather is absolutely perfect!
This grilled asparagus happens to be one of my family’s favorite side dishes and it couldn’t be any easier to make! It’s quick, healthy, and completely delicious!
It’s so good, even my son, who hates vegetables, loves it! It’s the perfect side dish for just about any dinner.
How to Grill Asparagus
Prep – While your grill is preheating, prepare the asparagus by washing it thoroughly, and trim the ends. Toss it with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Grill – Place the asparagus directly on a preheated grill. You can place them right next to the meat you plan on cooking, too!
Depending on how thick your asparagus stalks are, they will need to be on the grill somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes to cook thoroughly. I usually let them cook for 3-4 minutes, then turn them over so all sides cook evenly.
Serve – Pull the asparagus off the grill and eat as-is, or drizzle a lemon and garlic butter over the top – that’s MY favorite way to eat them, as it adds so much flavor! It goes exceptionally well with the Grilled Salmon you see pictured.
More Vegetable Side Dishes
- Easy Candied Yams
- Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Classic Green Bean Casserole
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini
Here is the printable recipe for your convenience –
Grilled Asparagus Recipe
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Prepare the asparagus by drizzling with olive oil, and sprinkling with salt and pepper.
- Place the asparagus on the grill. Cook 3-4 minutes, then rotate to ensure that it cooks evenly.
- Cook for an additional 5-6 minutes, then remove the asparagus from the grill.
- To make the lemon garlic butter, whisk together the melted butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, and garlic powder.
- Pour the butter over the cooked asparagus. Serve immediately.