Homemade granola bars are easy to make and taste delicious! This simple chocolate chip granola bar recipe uses only 5 ingredients and requires no time in the oven!
Healthy 5-Ingredient Granola Bars
We aren’t big breakfast people in our home, but since it happens to be the most important meal, I’m always on the lookout for tasty ideas that will give the kids some energy for the day.
These Homemade Granola Barstotally fit the bill! They are a healthier breakfast option than a bowl full of cereal, they taste amazing, and they couldn’t be any easier to make! BONUS: Assuming you don’t have anything with gluten in the brand of granola you buy, this recipe is also gluten-free!
Not only are they perfect to grab and go for breakfast, but these homemade granola bars are perfect for an afternoon snack! Pack them with you on a hike or picnic, and keep them in your purse for a healthy snack on the go!
How Long Do Homemade Granola Bars Last?
Because there isn’t anything that needs to be refrigerated on this list, these granola bars will last 2-3 weeks at room temperature in a ziplock bag or air-tight container. Keep them in your pantry or on the counter – to do put them in the fridge or freezer as they will harden and be hard to eat.
Substitutions will adjust the flavor and texture of these granola bars, but here are a few alternative options that taste great:
The mini chocolate chips can be swapped for the following –
- white chocolate chips
- shredded coconut
- seeds – sunflower seeds, chopped pumpkin seeds, etc.
- chopped nuts – almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.
- your favorite berry or dried fruits – dried cranberry, blueberries, dehydrated strawberries, etc.
The peanut butter can be swapped for the following –
- your favorite nut butter – almond butter, cashew butter, etc.
I’ve seen some people add a couple of teaspoons of other oats and/or chia seeds to their healthy granola bars, but I feel like those dry them out and affect the texture too much, so I’m not a big fan of either of those substitutions.
More Granola Recipes
- Frozen Yogurt Granola Cups (my FAVORITE!)
- Peanut Butter Granola
- Blueberry Granola Bars
- Pumpkin Granola Bars
- Protein Balls
How to Make Granola Bars
This recipe is inspired by the No-Bake Granola Treats from Disney’s Contemporary Resort Bakery in Walt Disney World.
YOU WILL NEED –
- mini marshmallows
- unsalted butter
- creamy peanut butter
- mini chocolate chips
Melt the marshmallows and butter in a small saucepan over meduim heat.
Add the peanut butter, stirring to combine, then remove from heat.
Stir in granola and mix until well combined.
Spoon the granola mixture into an 8×8-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper, pressing the granola into the pan.
Sprinkle the chocolate chips, lightly pressing them into the granola bar mixture. Set aside at room temperature to cool for 30 minutes.
Pull up on the piece of parchment paper to remove them from the pan. Cut into 12 pieces and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.
Here’s a printable recipe card for your convenience –
Homemade Granola Bar Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups granola
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt marshmallows and butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the peanut butter, stirring to combine, then remove from heat.
- Stir in granola and mix until combined.
- Spoon the granola mixture into 8×8-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper. Lightly press mixture into pan.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips, lightly pressing them into the granola.
- Set aside at room temperature to cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 12 pieces, then enjoy!
Store treats in an airtight container or ziplock baggies at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.