I’m going to show you how to hang a picture perfectly every time!! Quit making hundreds of holes in your walls to get it right. This one simple tip will change everything!!!
Picture Collage Hallway Decor
Last month for our #SimpleSpacesChallenge, I finally tackled the big empty wall in my entry way. (For the full reveal on this space with product links, check out our wall collage blog post.) Along with a darling bench and minimal decor, I hung 9 framed pictures in a simple collage. I was able to hang all the pictures by hammering just 9 holes in my wall with a simple decor hack that I’ve been using for years. Gone are the days of hammering a nail into the wall and then realizing afterwards that it’s not in the right place. This hack ensures perfectly straight pictures hung every single time. Frankly, I’m surprised more people don’t know this trick, but I’m going to show you exactly how to do it.
Items You’ll Need
Here are the simple items you’ll need to hang your pictures:
- Hammer and nails.
- Laser level. It doesn’t look like they sell the laser level that I used on Amazon anymore. I only spent $15 and it was worth every penny!
- Toothpaste. Crest did not sponsor this post, although the should have! They are my very favorite toothpaste, and I would be an awesome spokesperson! 😉
How to Hang a Picture
- Place a small dab of toothpaste on the backside of your frame where the nail(s) will go.
- Press the picture frame where you want it on the wall so that the toothpaste leaves a mark on your walls.
- Set your laser level so that the laser points towards the toothpaste on your wall in a straight, level line. Put your nail right where the toothpaste meets the laser.
- Wipe off any toothpaste from your wall and the back of your frame, then hang your picture on the nail in the wall and you’re good to go!
More Home Decor Ideas
- The Best Interior Grey Paint Color
- Entry Way Decorating Ideas
- Simple Dining Room Decor Ideas
- Boy’s Hockey Bedroom Idea
- How To Decorate An Apartment
How simple is that? Go ahead, thank me for saving you time and a bazillion holes in your walls! Here is a printer friendly-version of the entire process so you can hang a picture perfectly every single time. Leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought of this easy method.
How to Hang a Picture
- Laser level
- Add a small dot of toothpaste to the back of your picture where the nail(s) will go.
- Press the picture frames to the wall where you want to hang it. The toothpaste from the back of your frames will then stick to the wall.
- Set your laser level so that the laser points towards the toothpaste on your wall in a level line. Put your nail right where the toothpaste meets the laser.
- Hang your picture on the nail, and you're good to go!
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in February 2012