The taste of comfort in every bite! These warm cinnamon apples are sweet, delicious, and super simple to make!
Some of our very favorite treats are made with fresh apples – Apple Turnovers, Fried Apple Rings, Mini Apple Pies… just to name a few! This recipe is another one we love – take a look and you’ll soon see why!
For some reason, apples with cinnamon remind me of my childhood. We didn’t have them too often growing up, but I remember how much of a treat they were when we did, and I absolutely loved them! Warm tender apples sweetened with cinnamon sugar – all the delicious flavors of a delicious apple pie, which is certainly something to be happy about!
How to Make Cinnamon Apples
This simple spiced apples recipe could not be any easier to make –
- In a medium saucepan, melt 4tbsp of butter.
- Add a diced apple, some sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the apples are soft and fragrant.
Tips for Making Apples with Cinnamon
- I always use Granny Smith apples when I bake because I like that they don’t get overly soggy, and they keep their tart/sweet taste. Feel free to use your favorite baking apple in this recipe.
- I use my apple peeler/corer/slicer and then dice them a bit smaller. If you don’t have one of these to help prep your apples, it only takes a minute or so to peel and dice them by hand.
What to Put Cinnamon Apples On
Cinnamon Apples are a great stand-alone side dish for any meal, but they also make the perfect topping for savory dishes and sweet treats. We especially love to spoon them over oatmeal, pork chops, German pancakes, or over a bowl of vanilla ice cream.
More Apple Recipes We Think You’ll Enjoy –
- Easy Pear Apple Crumble
- Easy Apple Cinnamon Bread Recipe
- Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
- Sautéed Brussel Sprouts and Apples
- Blackberry and Apple Galette
Cinnamon Apple Recipe
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups peeled and diced apples about 1 large apple
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp lemon juice
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
Add the diced apple, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice.
Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the apples are soft and fragrant.
Serve warm. Spoon over your favorite dish or eat it with a spoon!