Whether it’s served as a delicious breakfast or a refreshing summer dessert, a berry parfait is a fun way to serve berries and other fruits. It’s sweet, easy to make, and totally delicious!
It’s important to me to send the kids off to school with full tummies and energy for the day ahead, but it’s often difficult to find healthy and delicious breakfast options that the kids will actually eat.
One solution I found that comes together super quick is to make fresh berry parfaits. With just a few simple ingredients and very little prep, you can create the perfect yogurt berry parfait that the kids will totally LOVE!
Here’s how –
How to Make Berry Parfaits
for each serving:
- FRUIT – fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, mangos, banana, pineapple, etc.
- YOGURT – I like using vanilla Greek yogurt, but you can make this parfait with whatever you have on hand!
- GRANOLA – Look for granola or Muesli made with simple, wholesome ingredients. If it’s lightly sweetened, even better! I love the combination of granola with toasted oats with dried fruit, nuts, and seeds.
- In a small bowl or cup, layer half of the fruit, followed by a layer of yogurt. Sprinkle it with a layer of granola.
- Repeat all layers and enjoy your pretty parfait!
OPTIONAL ADD-INS –
- drizzle honey over the top
- sprinkle with sweetened coconut flakes
- top with some pretty mint leaves
- add a pinch of lemon zest
- spoon a dollop of whipped cream for a fancy dessert
SERVING – These parfaits make great additions to your baby shower or party spreads, too! Your guests will LOVE them!
STORING – Once assembled, the granola mixture in these fruit parfaits will absorb the juice from the fruit and the liquid from the yogurt and it will become soggy. If you plan to make ahead, assemble the parfaits without the granola and store them in a Mason jar or airtight container in the refrigerator. Add the granola and a sprig of fresh mint to the top just before serving.
More Parfait Recipes
HERE’S A PRINTER-FRIENDLY RECIPE CARD SO YOU CAN SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER –
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup granola
- In a small bowl or cup, layer half of the strawberries, raspberries, banana, and yogurt. Sprinkle it with granola.
- Repeat all layers and enjoy!