Colorful Kid Kash is a printable behavior chart for kids that will help promote positive behavior. This reward system is a great visual to see how they’re doing!
As a mom, I am always trying to think of creative ways (that actually work) when it comes to discipline for my kids as well as ways to reward them for good behavior. I love a good way for them to visually see how they’re doing, and take it upon themselves to try harder. This colorful chart + Kid Kash printables are a great way to do both!
Here’s how it works –
At the beginning of the day, my kids will start with their markers in the middle of the chart. When they whine, fight, throw fits, make poor choices, etc, I lower their marker to the next color and keep lowering it for each “naughty thing” they do.
The same thing goes for opposite behavior- when they help me out, play nicely, and don’t whine at bedtime, their marker moves up.
At the end of the day, they get the matching “bill” to whichever color they’re on. At the end of the week, they can cash in their bills, or save them up for something big!
Age-Appropriate Chores –
- brush your teeth morning and night
- finish all homework
- accident-free for potty training
- start a load of dirty clothes/ put away laundry
- empty the dishwasher
- attitude improvement – no fits, fighting, lying, teasing, etc.
- a special treat
- a fun outing: family bike ride, a trip to the movies, etc.
- a new toy
- real money
- a later bedtime
Child Behavior Chart + Kid Kash Reward System
- Child Incentive Chart + Kid Kash Printables (download here)
- 1″ circle punch
- paper cutter or scissors
- Print off our printables below.
- Cut out the chart and “bills” with a paper cutter or scissors.
- Punch out the circle markers with a 1″ punch, or with scissors.
- Glue magnets to the back of your markers.
- Place on the fridge, or any other magnetic surface, and you’re ready to go!