Baked Chili Dogs are fast, easy, and totally delicious! They are the perfect way to feed your family and are a game-day crowd pleaser!
Easy Chili Dogs
I made Chili Dogs last week and wondered why I didn’t make them more often- they were soooo good! Do you remember the last time you had one?
I am always trying to think of easy weeknight meals, but for some reason, chili dogs seem to escape my radar. If you’re like me and are looking for something to change up your dinner routine, let this post be a reminder of the chili dog’s existence.
These baked chili cheese dogs are the best way to get a whole bunch of tasty chili dogs done at once for summer potlucks, game-day celebrations, and casual weeknight dinners. Baking them in the oven makes the buns nice and toasty and the cheese gets extra melty. If the delicious flavors aren’t awesome enough, baking chili dogs is also suuuuper simple. Here’s my favorite way to do it –
- Hot dog buns
- Hot dogs
- Melted butter
- Canned or homemade chili (with or without beans)
- Shredded cheese
- Red onion
- Green onions
How to Bake Chili Dogs in the Oven
BUTTER – Brush the sides and top of the buns with melted butter. Place the buns in the prepared pan and spread open slightly.
BUILD – Place a hot dog in each bun, then top with the chili, cheese, and red onion.
BAKE – Spray the back side of another large piece of foil with non-stick cooking spray. Cover the pan with the foil, coated side down and bake for 30 minutes.
GARNISH – Sprinkle with green onions and serve immediately.
More Hot Dog Recipes
- Chilean Style Hot Dogs
- Corn Dog Muffins
- Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Pigs In A Blanket
- Halloween Mummy Hot Dogs
Here is a printable recipe card for your convenience –
Baked Chili Dogs Recipe
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 hot dogs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 15 ounce can chili, with or without beans
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- sliced green onions, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a 13″ x 9”pan with non-stick spray.
- Brush the sides and top of the buns with melted butter.
- Place the buns in the prepared pan and spread open slightly.
- Place a hot dog in each bun, then top with the chili, cheese, and red onion.
- Spray the back side of another large piece of foil with non-stick cooking spray. Cover the pan with the foil, coated side down. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.