Mummy Hot Dogs are a hit with kids and Halloween party guests! They’re a festive Halloween treat that’s simple to make and delicious too!
Halloween Hot Dogs
Raise your hand if you grew up eating Pigs in a Blanket as a kid! When I was little, I thought my mom was the creator of Pigs in a Blanket – NONE of my friends ever had them!
As I got older I began to realize we weren’t the only family eating hot dogs wrapped in refrigerated biscuits – it’s actually a thing that’s been around for a while. I guess moms everywhere were let in on this simple dinner idea for a while now, and I guess that’s fair.
This Halloween version of the classic recipe is just as easy, just as fun, and just as tasty – BUT it’s even cuter! Hot dogs cut in half, wrapped in strips of crescent rolls, and then given candy eyeballs – what’s not to love about that? They’re mini mummies for little tummies! Here is how to make them –
Ingredients You’ll Need
The best part about this recipe is that you only need the following 3 ingredients to make them.
- Hot Dogs – Our family’s favorite brand are Ballparks hot dogs.
- Crescent Roll Dough – They all taste the same to me, so any refrigerated brand will work.
- Candy Eyes – You can buy them online or you make your own eyes.
How to Make Mummy Hot Dogs
Prep – We wanted to make mini mummies, so start by cutting each hot dog in half.
Dough – Roll out the refrigerated crescent roll dough onto the counter. The dough is perforated to make triangles but you’ll want to pinch that seam together to make a rectangle piece of dough.
Cut – I used a pizza cutter to cut the crescent roll dough into small, thin strips.
Wrap – Take about 2 or 3 strips of dough and wrap them around each hot dog to make a mini mummy. Be sure to leave a little room at one end where you can place the candy eyes.
Eyes – Place 2 candy eyeballs onto each mummy. I will tuck the eyes under the closest strip of dough to keep them from falling off.
Cook – Place the mummy hot dogs onto a prepared baking sheet and then bake them for about 10 minutes. The dough should be golden brown when they’re fully cooked.
Serve – Serve with your favorite condiments and these mummy hot dogs make the perfect dish for a festive Halloween Lunch.
More Fun Halloween Recipes
- Mummy Sugar Cookies
- Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats
- Easy Monster Cookie Recipe
- Zombie Bait Chex Mix
- Halloween Ghost Pancakes
Mummy Hot Dog Recipe
- 8 hot dogs
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 32 candy eyes
- Preheat your oven to the temperature listed on the back of the crescent roll package. Line a baking sheet with a non-stick mat, or spray with cooking spray.
- Cut each hot dog in half, then set aside.
- Roll out your crescent rolls and pinch the seams together to make a rectangle out of 2 triangles.
- Using a rolling pizza cutter, cut your crescent rolls into long, skinny strips.
- Take a hot dog and wrap it in a crescent roll, one strip at a time, starting at the top. Leave a space at the top for the eyes. Place the wrapped dog on your baking sheet. Continue with the rest of the hot dogs
- Put two small eyes on each mummy, sliding them just under the dough to keep them in place.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light brown and cooked. Serve warm with ketchup and mustard.