Goblin Eyes are a festive food for a Halloween party that taste great too! Simply make deviled eggs and dress them up to look like the spooky eyeballs.
Halloween Deviled Eggs
A couple years ago my friend threw a Halloween party and asked us all to bring a festive treat. Of course, I waited until the last minute to make it so I needed something that was quick and easy to make.
I love deviled eggs, so I thought I would make some and dress them up to look like eyeballs. Not only were these Goblin Eyes the first food gone but everyone couldn’t stop talking about them!
They look awesome and taste delicious! And they are super simple to make too – bonus! These really do make the best Halloween party appetizer.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Blue and red food coloring
- Black olive
- Bacon bits
How To Make Goblin Eye Deviled Eggs
Prep Eggs – First, peel off the egg shells. Slice them in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out all yolks into a small bowl. Then set the egg whites aside.
Devil Them – Spoon mayonnaise into the bowl with the yolks until the consistency and taste are to your liking. Then sprinkle them with salt. If you liked deviled eggs with mustard, try this Classic Deviled Eggs Recipe.
Color – Next, you’ll add 2 drops of blue food coloring to turn the yolks green.
Assemble – Scoop a dollop of the deviled yolk mixture back into each of the eggs whites.
Decorate – Top the yolk filling with a sliced olive and fill the center of it with a bacon bit. Dip the end of a toothpick into red food coloring and drag across the egg white to create goblin eye’s “veins”.
Serve – Serve these to your kids at a fun Halloween themed lunch or at your next Halloween party.
More Halloween Food Ideas
- Halloween Soda Label Printable
- Funny Halloween Tic Tac Labels
- Halloween Popcorn Pumpkin Balls
- Easy Ghost Pancake Recipe
- Halloween Suckers w/ Free Printable Tags
Goblin Eyes Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, to your liking
- pinch salt
- blue and red food coloring
- 1/4 cup black olive slices
- 1/8 cup bacon bits
- Hard boil 1 dozen eggs. (I like Martha’s method for this.)
- Peel all the shells off the eggs, slice in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out all yolks into a small bowl. Set egg whites aside.
- Spoon mayonnaise into the bowl of yolks ’til the consistency and taste are to your liking. Sprinkle with Salt.
- Add 2 drops of blue food coloring to turn the yellow yolks green.
- Spoon a dollop of the yolk mixture back into each of the eggs whites.
- Top the yolk with a sliced olive and fill it with a bacon bit.
- Dip the end of a tooth pick into red food coloring and drag across the egg white to create “veins”.