Goblin Eyes are a festive food for a Halloween party that taste great too!
Last year my friend threw a Halloween party and asked us all to bring a festive treat. These Goblin Eyes were one of the first foods gone! They look awesome and taste delicious! (And they are super simple to make too – bonus!) Here is the easy recipe –
Goblin Eyes Deviled Eggs
- 1 dozen eggs
- mayonnaise, to your liking
- pinch of salt
- blue and red food coloring
- black olive slices
- bacon bits
- Hard boil 1 dozen eggs. (I like Martha’s method for this.)
- Peel all the shells off the eggs, slice in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out all yolks into a small bowl. Set egg whites aside.
- Spoon mayonnaise into the bowl of yolks ’til the consistency and taste are to your liking. Sprinkle with Salt.
- Add 2 drops of blue food coloring to turn the yellow yolks green.
- Spoon a dollop of the yolk mixture back into each of the eggs whites.
- Top the yolk with a sliced olive and fill it with a bacon bit.
- Dip the end of a tooth pick into red food coloring and drag across the egg white to create “veins”.
- Serve and Enjoy!
This post originally published in October 2011.