Take the confusion out of doing the dishes with a Clean + Dirty Dishwasher Magnet. Now you’ll never wonder if the dishes inside the dishwasher are clean or dirty!
Here are a few more cleaning tips we think you’ll love – How To Clean Your Oven, Craft Supply Organization Ideas, and How to Clean Your Washing Machine.
Clean & Dirty Dishwasher Magnet
I am pretty sure I am not the only one who gets asked: “Mom, are the dishes clean or dirty?” In fact, I hear this question several times a week. So in an effort to help answer this question before it gets yelled in my direction from across the house (again), I decided I needed a magnet that I can stick to my dishwasher.
I was looking for something simple, small, reversible, and something that wasn’t an eye sore. I also wanted the sign to get my kids to do the dishes without any whining, but 3 out of 4 ain’t bad. 😉
If you happen to have the same needs that I do, take a look at the magnet I made, and be sure to grab your own printable so you can make one too!
DIY Clean Dirty Dishwasher Magnet
- dishwasher magnet printable (download below)
- printer & paper (no specialty paper needed here! Just plain ole white paper folks)
- scissors (or a circle punch)
- Mod Podge
- foam or paint brush
- 1 1/2″ heavy-duty magnet (make sure your magnet will stick to the dishwasher from both sides)
How To Make Your Dishwasher Magnet
- First, download our clean or dirty dishwasher magnet printable (There are several to a sheet so you can make these for friends or family.)
- Cut out both the clean and dirty circles.
- Wash + dry your magnet to make sure there is no dirt or residue.
- Paint a layer of Mod Podge onto the magnet, place one of the circles on it, then repeat on the other side.
- Once semi-dry, use scissors or an Exacto knife to clean up the edges around the magnet that might be hanging over.
- Paint a layer of Mod Podge on the top, bottom, and sides as a sealer.
- Once completely dry, place it on your dishwasher and hear those angels sing!
With a few supplies, you’ll have a life-saving (kinda) dishwasher magnet in no time!
Other Helpful Cleaning Printables
- Speed Cleaning Checklist
- Cleaning Checklist Cards
- Spring Cleaning Hacks
- Quick House Cleaning Tips
- Printable Chore Charts
Free Dishwasher Printable
Enter your name and email address in the form below to grab the free printable.
As with all of our printables on Somewhat Simple, these clean or dirty dishes printables are for personal use only. Please do not mass-produce them without our permission (ask us first, we are super nice!) and don’t claim them as your own. Most importantly, do not sell these in your Etsy shop! (It happens!)
I printed out this label and added it on my dishwasher. I also shared this post on my blog’s facebook and twitter pages.