Garlic butter shrimp is an easy dinner or appetizer recipe. It doesn’t get any better than large shrimp smothered in an a delicious lemon garlic butter sauce.
Easy Lemon & Garlic Shrimp
The boys in my family are shrimp super fans! Every time Red Lobster has all you can eat shrimp, they have to go multiple times. And every time they come back they talk about how the garlic butter shrimp is the “best ever”.
To satisfy their insatiable appetite for shrimp, I decided to make my own garlic shrimp recipe. This recipe is actually super simple to make and only takes minutes to prepare. Plus, you only need one pan to make it, so clean up is a breeze.
This recipe turned out flawlessly! They actually said this garlic butter shrimp, topped with lemon was actually better than the restaurant. And to me, there was no higher praise.:)
Ingredients You’ll Need
What I love most about this recipe is that you only need a few basic ingredients. I’m sure you probably already have most of them in your pantry. Except, I hope you don’t have the shrimp in your pantry.;) Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Jumbo shrimp
- Lemon juice
- Chicken broth
- Salt & pepper
How To Make Garlic Butter Shrimp
Prep – Start by melting two tablespoons of butter into large skillet. You’ll also want to remove any shells and veins from the shrimp.
Shrimp – Place your shrimp in the skillet and then cook them over medium heat. Add some salt and pepper to taste. You’ll want to flip and stir them about every minute so they cook evenly. When they’re all pink, pour them into a bowl and set them aside.
Garlic – Add the garlic to the empty skillet and let it cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
Boil – Pour in the lemon juice and chicken stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
Butter – Add in the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter until it has melted.
Coat – Pour the jumbo shrimp back into the garlic butter mixture and stir everything around until all the shrimp is evenly coated and then serve immediately.
Go Big Or Go Home – I think the bigger the shrimp, the better. I used the 16/20 size shrimp in this recipe and they were perfect. The big grocery stores always have sales so just keep an eye out for those.
Cooked Shrimp – If you decide to use cooked shrimp, that’s totally fine! Just skip to the step with the broth mixture and go from there. Just make sure the shrimp has been heated throughout before serving.
Serving – This garlic shrimp is perfect for both dinner and as an appetizer. For a more filling meal, this shrimp goes perfectly over a bed of pasta.
More Recipes Using Garlic
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Pepper & Garlic Zucchini Pickles
- Garlic Parmesan Turkey Cutlets
- Soft Garlic & Parmesan Pretzel Bites
- Oven Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken
Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 8 tbs butter, divided
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Remove any shells and veins from the shrimp
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan
- Cook shrimp over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes or until they've turned pink.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the cooked shrimp into a bowl and set them aside.
- Add garlic to the pan and cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the lemon juice and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining butter and let it melt.
- Pour shrimp back into the pan and toss to coat.