This pumpkin cream cheese coffee cake is so deliciously indulgent! Tender pumpkin cake with a sweet cheesecake layer, topped with a cinnamon pecan streusel.
Who’s ready for another delicious pumpkin flavored fall recipe? One of the most fun things about baking with pumpkin is that it complements so many other fall flavors so well. Pumpkin and cinnamon, pumpkin and cream cheese, pumpkin and gingerbread – you really can’t go wrong! This delicious and indulgent pumpkin cream cheese coffee cake combines some of my very favorite flavors. It starts with a tender and moist pumpkin cake, then it’s topped with a velvety smooth cheesecake layer, and finally a buttery, crisp cinnamon pecan streusel. It’s simple and straightforward to make, and comes out of the oven smelling divine!
I used my trusty old stand mixer to whip up the batter, but you could easily just mix it in a bowl with a spatula. Be careful not to overmix the batter, or the finished cake will lose some of its tenderness. I’ve found that grating the cold butter into the batter really helps to create a light and tender cake. It sounds weird, but it totally works! The addition of sour cream and pumpkin to the batter makes it super moist, too. The cake would definitely be great on its own, but I decided to go a little crazy and add a delicious cream cheese layer, and a buttery streusel on top. Go big or go home, right?
Once the pumpkin batter is mixed, you’ll spread about 2/3 of the batter in the baking dish. Next, you’ll whisk together a quick and simple cream cheese filling and pour it over the top. After that, you’ll top the cream cheese layer with dollops of the pumpkin batter, and sprinkle with the cinnamon pecan streusel. Finally, you’ll bake the cake until it’s golden brown on top, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The cream cheese layer firms up and turns into a delicious cheesecake-like confection, and the streusel gets perfectly crisp and delicious. Yum!
This pumpkin cream cheese coffee cake is the perfect recipe to share at any fall gathering! It’s delicious, flavorful, and full of so many fantastic fall flavors. I really can’t decide which layer I like the most – they’re each so delicious on their own. Together, though, they’re totally amazing! The coffee cake was a huge hit with my whole family, too, so we will definitely be making it again and again. It’s the perfect recipe for a quiet evening with friends, or an easy weekend breakfast. It tastes absolutely heavenly and would be perfect with a warm cup of cocoa on a cold night! For more delicious pumpkin recipes, be sure to visit kraftrecipes.com.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
for the cake:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Kraft sour cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
for the cream cheese filling:
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
for the streusel:
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 9 x 9 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Add the grated butter and toss to combine. Add the egg, sour cream, and pumpkin, and mix until just combined. Spread 2/3 of the batter in the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, egg, vanilla, and sugar. Pour the mixture over the batter. Add the remaining dough by spoonfuls on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- To make the streusel mixture, mix the flour, brown sugar, salt, and pecans in a small bowl. Cut in the butter using two knives or a pastry blender, until the streusel starts to clump together. Sprinkle the streusel over the top of the top of the batter.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
This post is sponsored by Kraft. All opinions are my own.
DON’T MISS A THING!
Sign up for our newsletter to receive our FREE Home Organization Binder Printables + weekly updates filled with creative inspiration and exclusive freebies!