Made with just five simple ingredients, this quick and easy steak marinade can be used on any cut of meat. It’s the perfect marinade for summer grilling!
Easy Steak Marinade
The weather warming up, and I am so excited for all of the summer grilling! It’s so nice to be able to cook a delicious dinner without heating up the whole house, and cooking on the grill is so versatile and fun.
One of my family’s favorite meals on the grill is steak, and using this easy steak marinade makes it super delicious every time!
It adds so much flavor, and results in the most tender, juicy, and delicious steak you’ve ever eaten. It’s a simple way to take your summer grilling up a notch!
How To Make An Easy Steak Marinade
This quick steak marinade is made with pantry staples that I always have on hand, so it’s easy to mix up whenever we want a nice steak dinner.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
TIP – You’ll need 1 1/2 pounds of steak for this marinade. I used a tri-tip steak in these pictures because it was on sale at the grocery store, but this marinade will work with pretty much any cut of steak. It’s even delicious on chicken or fish!
- Place your steak in a large Ziploc bag or in a container that has a lid.
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the steak and seal it in the container.
- Let the meat marinade in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Steak Marinade Tips
What Should I Put The Steak In While Marinating – I usually just use a large Ziploc bag for marinating my steak because it’s easy and doesn’t require washing another dish. If you use a dish, just be sure it has a lid on it because I may or may not have spilled marinade all over the floor when I took it out of the fridge while kids were running around the kitchen.
How Long Should I Marinade The Steak – One of the best things about this marinade is that it only needs to marinate for about 30 minutes, so you can prep the steaks, heat up the grill, and have a delicious dinner ready in under an hour. You can let it marinate longer if you like but 30 minutes is sufficient.
Does Marinating The Steak Make It More Tender – The reason you marinate a steak is to make it more flavorful because it allows the marinade to soak into the meat so each bit tastes amazing! Unfortunately, marinating it doesn’t do much to tenderize it.
Can I Use This Marinade On Other Meats – You most definitely can! While steak is my favorite, I love using it one both chicken and fish as well.
How Long Do I Cook My Steak – The cooking time will vary depending on how you like your steak cooked and the cut of beef you’re using. Generally I cook it for about 7 minutes on each side. Be sure to use a meat thermometer to make sure your steak has reached the desired internal temperature.
More Easy Grilling Recipes
- The Best BBQ Pork Ribs
- Grilled Fajita Chicken Skewers
- Spicy Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Pesto Shrimp
- Maple Dijon Chicken Recipe
HERE’S A PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE –
Easy Steak Marinade Recipe
- Add the steak to a large plastic bag or a container with a lid.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the brown sugar, canola oil, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Pour the marinade over the steak, seal the bag, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Toward the end of the marinating time, preheat a grill or broiler. Cook the steak for 7-8 minutes on each side, or until the desired level of doneness is reached.